Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 20 v Giants

Dear John,

I am very pleased to see that you finally got around to reading my 'No Ruckmen" posts. And you were so quick to take action too.

That's all very good John, but now I have to let you in on a little secret: Ludwig is not to be taken seriously. You can't be sure what kind of mental state Ludwig may be in, or what kind of substances may be in his body at the time he posts these comments.

We still have an emergency list, John. You may want to rethink this one.

Cheers,

Ludwig

Veterans List
    Wow, BIG in for GWS, number 9 Matt Stevic!

GWS are $1.30, that's great odds with Stevic in their side, I might just tip my account balance on the Orange people for a collect of $100'ish, can't lose!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    That is a confusing set of changes
    My mouth literally remained open for at least two minutes as I puzzled it out.

Quite a statement re Melican to omit him in the same week Rampe is a forced omission and bring no tall defenders in.

I think Aliir is the best matchup for Himmelberg and Cameron; McCartin might not be fast or agile enough for either. I guess Mills will go to Greene.

Looks like Clarke to revive his role at North playing off halfback, in place of O'Riordan.

I keep thinking Rose has had, and wasted, his last chance. Maybe this time, James?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Wow, BIG in for GWS, number 9 Matt Stevic!

GWS are $1.30, that's great odds with Stevic in their side, I might just tip my account balance on the Orange people for a collect of $100'ish, can't lose!
    Man, how are they as long as $1.30?

I'm with everyone here. I cannot understand the changes? Melican has been poor but we needed size down back this week. No replacement player with size compounds the mystery. This is probably the weakest Swans lineup that I have seen in the modern era. I will be at the game but am expecting a big loss. Anything under 10 goals will be a good effort given the imbalance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I'm with everyone here. I cannot understand the changes? Melican has been poor but we needed size down back this week. No replacement player with size compounds the mystery. This is probably the weakest Swans lineup that I have seen in the modern era. I will be at the game but am expecting a big loss. Anything under 10 goals will be a good effort given the imbalance.
    $2.95 for 40+ !!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    My mouth literally remained open for at least two minutes as I puzzled it out.

Quite a statement re Melican to omit him in the same week Rampe is a forced omission and bring no tall defenders in.

I think Aliir is the best matchup for Himmelberg and Cameron; McCartin might not be fast or agile enough for either. I guess Mills will go to Greene.

Looks like Clarke to revive his role at North playing off halfback, in place of O'Riordan.

I keep thinking Rose has had, and wasted, his last chance. Maybe this time, James?

- - - Updated - - -

Man, how are they as long as $1.30?
    Greene has been playing a lot of time in their midfield in the absence of Coniglio Kelly Ward and de Boer. I think Clarke will tag Whitfield

Swans strategy is obvious. They plan to “turn” a couple of Giants players. Mummy is the obvious one. He taps to us in the ruck, we win the clearance ... goal.

I think we’ll also need Cameron playing for us to even things up.

The only rational explanation is that those who have earned a spot play. Those that haven’t or deserve to be dropped get dropped. As in it’s more important to send the right message to the players than win the game.

I wonder if Melican dropped himself?

One other thought is that they’ve decided to go with a small, running side. Good luck with that!

Veterans List
    The writing was on the wall for Melican when he was sent to the forward line last week. Next to useless up there also but at least he could be hidden. I expect MClean will play a key defensive role.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    The writing was on the wall for Melican when he was sent to the forward line last week. Next to useless up there also but at least he could be hidden. I expect MClean will play a key defensive role.
    While Papley rucks?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    You would have thought Melican could at least handle the resting ruck both of whom aren’t very agile and next to useless once the ball hits the ground. Port sprang a surprise playing Westhoff against these rucks last week and he was one of their better players

From the Hun, playing fast and loose, describing the Pelican as an "emerging star"

Category: | Herald Sun

SWANS GO SMALL AGAINST GIANTS

Sydney has made the stunning decision to drop key defender Lewis Melican in the same week Dane Rampe is already missing in action for the GWS derby. Rampe is one of the best defenders in the competition, but rather than consolidate in that area of the field, the Swans have shown no mercy in also omitting one of their emerging stars, Melican on form.

Melican was pushed forward last week as he struggled against Geelong.

GWS, in response, has delivered a message loud and clear for their cross-town rivals: Welcome to the Land of the Giants. Instead of reverting back to just one ruckman to combat the severely undermanned Swans, the Giants have doubled down on their strategy to unleash big men Shane Mumford and Dawson Simpson in tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    From the Hun, playing fast and loose, describing the Pelican as an "emerging star"
    Like an emerging star for KFC

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast