Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 20 v Giants

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    They're not expecting a big crowd.
    Good.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/syd...01-p52d10.html
    As per my previous post when they blatantly double tix prices just for this game people vote with their feet. No mention of that though.

Don't be so bloody precious. Get off your backsides and go to the game.
    Support our team, the game of AFL and show the Southern States that Sydney does care!

Quote Originally Posted by redunderthebed View Post
    Support our team, the game of AFL and show the Southern States that Sydney does care!
    We do show that we care... for the SYDNEY SWANS.
    It's akin to giving money to collingwood.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    thats way too expensive for the cheap seats for a home and away match
    The problem is that there aren't enough cheap seats, they were all sold out ages ago. The ones that are left have a pretty good viewpoint (wings) but the price is definitely off-putting.

Veteran Site Admin
    The crowds at the SCG have held up remarkably well, given the on field performances and absence of key players for much of the season. I think we've shown the Southern States that we care.

Is that a reason not to see the Swans play at another venue?

Expensive tix
    No Buddy
    We are probably going to get flogged

Senior Player
    Agree. If we can barely get more people to go to the game than Collingwood did just two weeks ago, there should be alarm bells
    going off down at AFL House about the state of the game in Sydney. Collingwood are in Melbourne, we are 30 minutes
    down the road. Hell, we have lots of Melbourne based supporters who manage to go to our games in Melbourne at more
    than one stadium.
    Last edited by KTigers; 2nd August 2019 at 01:24 PM.

Veteran Site Admin
    Is that a reason not to see the Swans play at another venue?
    It's neither a reason to, or not to, for me anyway. When I toss up all the reasons to go and all the reasons to watch it from home, showing the Southern States that we care comes pretty low down on my list of considerations. When it comes to making sure I get to every game at the SCG, it is something of a factor, though showing the Swans that I care is much more relevant (to me).

I assume this match won’t qualify for special events train service direct from Central. Does anyone know? I could check online ....

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I assume this match won’t qualify for special events train service direct from Central. Does anyone know? I could check online ....
    Express trains will run between Central and Olympic Park every 20 minutes from 12pm until 6pm, stopping at Redfern and Strathfield. As well, shuttle services between Lidcombe and Olympic Park will run every 10 minutes until midnight.

AFL: GWS Giants v Swans | transportnsw.info

Ok

Well I suppose will be having a loose defender or two wherever possible to counter the height one on one............OR we will have a very small forward line and drop a tall back ?

Finlayson vs AA - makes sense

Cameron vs Mills - hard to have a tall young key defender on Cameron unless the defender is a tall mobile gun. The guy is leading the Coleman.

Himmelberg vs McCartin - makes sense but I thought Melican would be a better match up?

Mummy/Simpson vs Reid - will probably see Reid drop back 50% of the game at least and be the Loose Defender given both rucks from gws are not leading rucks but sitting under the ball in the forward line types

We have more run in the team so I suppose we will see a retro slingshot footy from our back half start to resurface ????

I hope though we use a lot more uncontested footy like the hawks to starve gws wherever possible

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast