Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 20 v Giants

Senior Player
    I think our only chance is if the Giants kick poorly at goal. And that will take insane levels of pressure from us. But if Cameron/Himmelberg/
    Finlayson start dragging down marks twenty metres out, which they do a lot, then it could get ugly pretty quickly. Those three
    have kicked something like 130 goals between them this season. I'm not convinced we have the skill level to play keepings off ala Hawthorn
    for very long as AG has suggested.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I just can't see how we can control Cameron, Himmelberg and Finlayson with Aliir, Mills and McCartain. Let's hope the boys can channel the spirit of swans KPD of the past.......
    and there's also Princess Toby to contend with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    That is a confusing set of changes
    Unless it's tanking.

The Giants jumped the Pies last week with an unexpected structure... Lets hope there’s method to the selection madness.

Quote Originally Posted by redunderthebed View Post
    Is that a reason not to see the Swans play at another venue?
    I'll gladly go to any other venue in the country to watch the swans play, as I have done on many, many an occasion... except this one.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    If Thurlow can't get a run with those outs, I doubt we will be seeing too much of him in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    If Thurlow can't get a run with those outs, I doubt we will be seeing too much of him in the future.
    Seems so, also for Knoll.

Warming the Bench
    It looks like he Giants have gone with a lot of tall players to take advantage of our lack of tall players. Swans have chosen a lot of small to medium players. I wonder if the Swans game style will look to exploit this difference. If the Giants get good use of the ball from stoppages they will exploit the differences in size. So, the clearances are crucial and the Swans have been poor at this for much of the season.

If our boys can win some clearances and resist kicking long to a contest then we might be in with a chance.

Real or just wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Anyone who booed Steve Smith off the ground after that knock (144) would have to be a particularly boorish Pommy P%>%k !
    Couldn’t have done it without the grit of P. Siddle, N. Lyon and T. Head .
    Grit? Pun intended?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Absolutely. I'm not going because I refuse to put money into their purses. They get enough from the AFL as hand-outs without me contributing.
    I don't know why we're copping the blame, though...
    Based on your poor excuse they are justified in blaming the Swans supporters. It's also justification for the label of a "fickle Swans supporter base". If most members are like you we'll never be as strong as Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon and Richmond. Plus, considering what the AFL is giving them it's a drop in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by redunderthebed View Post
    Don't be so bloody precious. Get off your backsides and go to the game.
    Support our team, the game of AFL and show the Southern States that Sydney does care!
    +1

Veterans List
    Cameron has pulled out with a sore calf so one less headache for our defenders.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Cameron has pulled out with a sore calf so one less headache for our defenders.
    Our spies may have known that before selection? Nice out for us, they still have Stevic in their side!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast