Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 20 Giants v Swans Sat 3-Aug at GIANTS Stadium #AFLGiantsSwans @sydneyswans

Today's performance was very gritty, lots of counter attacking and brave (as well as a touch reckless!) play. Certainly a lot to look forward to moving forward.
    One in particular who is making great progress is Rowbottom. Tough youngster, can break a tackle and ride a solid bump. I thought he out pointed Hately and is proving to be a very astute second round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I’m sorry but Mills is nothing more than an average defender
    I wouldn't say he is average. I would say he is a good, not great defender for his age. But I feel if he had the opportunity, he could be a great midfielder by now for his age.

Disappointing the coaching staff obviously don't see it this way... and I don't subscribe to the rubbish that he is playing defence because we absolutely needed him there! There is plenty of others who could have played that role the last few years that languished in the NEAFL for FAR too long! (O'Riordan & Newman just to name a few).

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I’m sorry but Mills is nothing more than an average defender
    I agree. I thought Mills was poor today and in the first half couldn't pick up the ball and he just fumbled badly. Then when he did get a possession his turnovers killed us.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I agree. I thought Mills was poor today and in the first half couldn't pick up the ball and he just fumbled badly. Then when he did get a possession his turnovers killed us.
    the guy with 86% disposal efficiency and 5 score involvements killed us with turnovers ? 🤔

He was asked to play on a talented young player who is listed as 194cm and 92 kgs... give the bloke a bit of a break!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Just back from the Riser and the customers agree with us all on: Heeney, Rose, umpires, Papley, Dawson, umpires, McLean, McCartin, umpires, Aliir, Ronke, Mills and umpires.
    That was a thrilling game, people everywhere on their feet at the end. I feel for Isaac, normally he would bag those goals, and perhaps he needs to work a bit with someone who will show him how to handle his own intensity to his (and the team's) benefit.
    I loved the way we were prepared to throw the ball around, despite the occasional error; at this stage the attempt is everything. And often enough it opened things up for us. Keep working on it fellas!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    the guy with 86% disposal efficiency and 5 score involvements killed us with turnovers ?
    Tough audience.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Maybe you are just being pragmatic but I want to see my team win EVERY match they play in.
    Fair enough. I would have loved a win, but big picture, no harm done, apart from the reputation of the umpires.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Look the umpiring was crap against us in the last 4 minutes but we were our own worst enemy with Heeney missing 2 gettable set shots and Rose I don't know what he did to his kick that didn't even score. Add to that Fox's kamikaze switch across the defensive half that was intercepted and eventually led to a Giants goal.

I thought our defenders, including Mills did a great job. Remember, Mills was matched up against a bona fide, key position forward in Himmelberg. With all the inside 50s GWS had, he would expect to kick a bag full against Mills. Mills, with McCartain and Aliir helping, restricted him to only a handful of goals. He did fine playing out of position. And don't underestimate the rebound that came out of defensive end too - Mills was pretty instrumental in this too.

I thought mills played great, especially in the second half.

How did Rose ever end up with the no 1 jumper?

Veteran Site Admin
    I had Mills as my best for today (for us).

Speaking of bests, I reckon Haynes was robbed of the overall BOG. Hopper was very good but without Haynes we win that game. He was immense.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast