Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy 300.

Veterans List

Buddy 300.

Surprised a thread to this effect hasn't popped up already.....but we did have to wait awhile to see if Buddy was actually playing this week. Glad he is and I hope he goes well.....like 8 goals well!

Go Bud!! Congrats on the milestone.....legend.

Came across this nice but rather strange tribute to the Budmeister.....seems the afl couldn't get up to Sydney to talk to any of Buddy's current team mates.

Here's the youtube link:

Cobras, 'Bud-ography' and bad breath: Buddy's buddies 300th tribute | AFL - YouTube

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Surprised a thread to this effect hasn't popped up already.....but we did have to wait awhile to see if Buddy was actually playing this week. Glad he is and I hope he goes well.....like 8 goals well!

Go Bud!! Congrats on the milestone.....legend.

Came across this nice but rather strange tribute to the Budmeister.....seems the afl couldn't get up to Sydney to talk to any of Buddy's current team mates.

Here's the youtube link:

Cobras, 'Bud-ography' and bad breath: Buddy's buddies 300th tribute | AFL - YouTube
    Well, the AFL has been really really busy this week getting the MCG to replace sections of turf after complaints from Richmond that
    "dodgy grass" was causing Jack Reiwoldt to slip in marking contests. If Richmond are going to be forced to play all those games in a row
    at the MCG they at least should be able to dictate the type of grass they have to play on. And besides, there are hardly any flights from
    Melbourne to Sydney.

I know this is going to be unpopular but I'm struggling to get excited about Buddy's 300th.

It's been a rubbish year for the team and him.

Instead of playing in a total dead rubber, he should be getting his body right for a big pre season and a big year next year.

I feel it's somewhat self indulgent and he is treated as bigger than the team.

Warming the Bench
    This week certainly has a carnival feel to it. I see this week as a farewell to Jack and McVeigh (if he is fit enough) and Buddy's 300th. Not much else to gain in the last game of the year that won't effect our ladder position. At least they'll get a better turn out because of the milestone

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I know this is going to be unpopular but I'm struggling to get excited about Buddy's 300th.

It's been a rubbish year for the team and him.

Instead of playing in a total dead rubber, he should be getting his body right for a big pre season and a big year next year.

I feel it's somewhat self indulgent and he is treated as bigger than the team.
    I don't see Buddy playing this weekend as mutually exclusive to getting ready for a big start to next year. He's training hard and could be injured doing that. And in the rare circumstances without finals to look forward to we actually have a clear end to the season, not one dependant on win or lose. It's a carnival indeed - a celebration of Macca and Kieren, too. I hope Smooch and Reg turn up, too. We can celebrate the bright past and potentially bright future on a sunny SCG on a Saturday afternoon - I can't wait.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I don't see Buddy playing this weekend as mutually exclusive to getting ready for a big start to next year. He's training hard and could be injured doing that. And in the rare circumstances without finals to look forward to we actually have a clear end to the season, not one dependant on win or lose. It's a carnival indeed - a celebration of Macca and Kieren, too. I hope Smooch and Reg turn up, too. We can celebrate the bright past and potentially bright future on a sunny SCG on a Saturday afternoon - I can't wait.
    I'd go further. What better way to celebrate a major milestone than in a game where the result doesn't matter, and the build-up can't detract from the team's performance (in any meaningful way)? The fact it's only been confirmed in the last couple of days has limited the media build-up. If he were scheduled to play the game in round 1, it would attract a huge build-up from the media, which works itself into a frenzy anyway as the new season approaches. For a player who I don't think likes the limelight anything as much as some think, it's almost the perfect time to "celebrate" it.

And in no way does it detract from the farewells to McVeigh, Jack and Smith. If anything, it adds to it. I am sure Jack (and McVeigh if he is able to play) would love nothing more than to play one more game alongside him.

Goes up to 11
    And it's the 4th Annual Pride match. It should be a ripper of a day on Saturday, a great celebration tinged with sadness of losing some of our best servants.

What was there be a dead rubber against another non-finalist will now be a top afternoon with a big crowd at our sunny home. A good way to finish a not so great year.

Senior Player
    I reckon the Bud is a decent enough person to know his 300th is less significant to a lot of Sydney fans than the farewell of
    Jack, McVeigh & co. 300 is an amazing achievement by an absolute champ, but these boys have a long and successful history
    with the club and it's fans. Days like Saturday don't come along very often, people should soak it up I reckon. A sunny Sydney
    arvo with a couple beers and a pie. It doesn't get much better folks.

Farewell game ?

It's going to be a massive day at the footy on Saturday.
    Onya Buddy.
    Always wanted you to play for us and my footy dreams were realised.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I understand this sentiment. Just don't feel it myself.

Would be enough of a carnival if it was just saying goodbye to Jack and McVeigh.

I also don't like the fact someone like Bell is going to miss out on playing in this carnival for Buddy to play.

Veterans List
    How many does he have to kick to win the Coleman?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast