Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    Just watched the video in this story: Losing Leo, 'Lion Warrior': Rory and Belinda Sloane's heartbreaking story - AFL.com.au

Don't mind admitting I was tearing up something chronic at times....it's heavy stuff and reminded me of a certain retiree and his little Luella.

Life can throw some real curve balls sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yep benign day 4 pitch under no time pressure to get the runs whereas usually a 4th innings chase is on a day 5 pitch against the clock. Plus benign weather conditions compared with day 1 when Oz batsmen were playing in overcast dim light.

But as already said Oz still could have/ should have won. And it was brilliant batting by Stokes.
    Was a crazy day at the cricket. Can't believe Poms managed to win, but we blew it pretty bad towards the end. It certainly was a very tame pitch though - very few demons at all in it to be honest.

We blew it really in the 2nd batting innings - should have ended the contest there or then, but gave away some silly wickets and didn't grind them out of it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It's been a bad five minutes for the Blues' off season ambitions: first Coniglio re-signs with the Giants, then they give up their pursuit of Brandon Ellis and now it turns out Papley is contracted for 4 more years. There's still Jack Martin to aim for but their trade season is off on the wrong foot.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    It's been a bad five minutes for the Blues' off season ambitions: first Coniglio re-signs with the Giants, then they give up their pursuit of Brandon Ellis and now it turns out Papley is contracted for 4 more years. There's still Jack Martin to aim for but their trade season is off on the wrong foot.
    My heart bleeds for them.... not....
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Soooo not. They are right down there with the Hawks as my least favourite club.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Soooo not. They are right down there with the Hawks as my least favourite club.
    Serial cheats for 2 decades. Happy to see them stay as cellar dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Serial cheats for 2 decades. Happy to see them stay as cellar dwellers.
    And to celebrate, if a team doesn't make the finals for ten consecutive years, then perhaps they should be awarded the John Elliott Memorial Trophy?

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And to celebrate, if a team doesn't make the finals for ten consecutive years, then perhaps they should be awarded the John Elliott Memorial Trophy?
    Got me chuckling on the bus. Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Hehehehe

Long may they be stuck in purgatory. Never forgive them for trying to jump on our still warm grave when we up @@@@ creek.....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stephen Coniglio re-signing with GWS is excellent for footy in Sydney.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Stephen Coniglio re-signing with GWS is excellent for footy in Sydney.
    Stephen Coniglio re-signing with GWS is excellent for footy in western Sydney.

Coniglio signing with the Swans would have been excellent for footy in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Stephen Coniglio re-signing with GWS is excellent for footy in western Sydney.

Coniglio signing with the Swans would have been excellent for footy in Sydney.
    🤣😆

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast