Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Swans v Saints Sat 24-Aug at SCG #AFLSwansSaints @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Good win in the end. Parker stepped up - Kennedy already good.

Dawson will be a star. Glad to see Ronke and Fox do a bit as they are the most susceptible to being delisted.

I reckon Mills is a champ. Great judgement and guts. Very good disposal.

Bob Skilton medal for me - Dane Rampe.
    Ronke won't be delisted - he's got a contract.

I'd love to see Ramps win the B&F. He's had a great year and nobody else stands out especially. Better Ramps than Lloyd.

Rising Star will be a tussle between Dawson and Blakey. I'd give it to Dawson if he's eligible. They are both wonderful.

Best clubman??

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Good win in the end. Parker stepped up - Kennedy already good.

Dawson will be a star. Glad to see Ronke and Fox do a bit as they are the most susceptible to being delisted.

I reckon Mills is a champ. Great judgement and guts. Very good disposal.

Bob Skilton medal for me - Dane Rampe.
    Yes, Rampe is definitely my favourite for the Bob Skilton. And Kennedy and Parker were great in awaking us from our slumber, Hewett, also.

Wish I could of been there! But what a bludy magnificent way to send out our champions - bravo Kizza, Macca, Reg and Nick - thankyou for all the joy you have bought to us!

So glad we lifted in the 3rd and 4th and got the job done - a win was the very least the champions retiring toda

And I'll finish with - despite a tough old season, this year has reminded me just how much I love our footy club

Cheer Cheer!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    What a wonderful emotional day!

(I’ve wiped the 2nd quarter out of my memory.)
    Yes, it was an emotional ending, what with Macca and Kizza both grabbing final quarter goals. And the parade of retiring premiership champions after full time.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Wish I could of been there! But what a bludy magnificent way to send out our champions - bravo Kizza, Macca, Reg and Nick - thankyou for all the joy you have bought to us!

So glad we lifted in the 3rd and 4th and got the job done - a win was the very least the champions retiring toda

And I'll finish with - despite a tough old season, this year has reminded me just how much I love our footy club

Cheer Cheer!
    Yes, but it is strange that our season has finished in August. I'm not really used to that. But hey, maybe our reserves can win a final or two, and give me further optimism for next year. I'm already feeling pretty optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

Cheer Cheer!
    Likewise ! Was a a perfect celebration for our retiring champions and our milestone superstar ! A packed SCG too which I don’t think we’ve seen all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, but it is strange that our season has finished in August. I'm not really used to that. But hey, maybe our reserves can win a final or two, and give me further optimism for next year. I'm already feeling pretty optimistic.
    A long way to go to get back into premiership contention, but there are a lot of young guys in our team that could become genuinely very good footballers. The ingredients are there, and there will be pain to come no doubt - but I don't think it will be long lasting. How many teams will probably finish 15th with a percentage of 97.7%. Another year we would of nabbed 4 or 5 of the close ones and played finals football. Fill some of the obvious gaps and we are on the right track.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Best clubman??
    Dan Hannebery?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Best clubman??
    Sinclair or Kennedy?

Veterans List
    What a great last quarter. McVeigh and Jack kicked a goal and Buddy was able to add to his tally. I loved the celebrations after the goals!

So much emotion after the game. Loved the exchanges between Hanners and our players as well as with Longmire.

It was funny how Grundy didn't want to be carried off. I was worried that Reid and Aliir were going to drop Buddy!

It's a strange feeling that our season is over before the finals. I guess we will start hearing about list changes once they complete the reviews. And we'll probably find out about Jones and Papley.

Loved that Hanners chaired one of our retiring players off. But Macca looked like his heart was broken.

Senior Player
    So glad Jack got a last goal. I didn't think he would get a chance. I remember the checkside snap he did against Richmond in about 2016/17 that put us in front after being 5 down at half time.

Great guts from him as always. LOL have to say I like his brother's notes in The Age/SMH too.

Congrats to all our retirees.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast