Afl.com.au have posted their season review for the Swans: Sydney season review: MVP, surprise packet, low point, final grade - AFL.com.au.

Seems like an opportunity to the reflect on the season that's been and worthy of its own thread.

While at the start of the year I hoped and expected to make finals again, in the wash-up, and despite finishing 15th, I am not in the doldrums at all and I'm feeling positive about the future. Not sure I would go as far as the afl.com.au crew have and declare us a "lock" for finals next year (I'm certainly hopeful). We have a young team and this year we maximised the opportunity to get experience into our youth, including outstanding first years Blakey and Rowbottom and even giving a taste to McInerney, Stoddart (not for the first time I realise), Bell and McLean. We also took the chance to give James Rose one final run of games in the seniors to see what he can offer, most likely prior to delisting him with a clear conscience.

Apart from the retirements of the big four veterans, JPK also appears to be on the decline so we will need to trade and rely on our youth to step up in order to compete for the premiership again in future. Can't see a flag next year but feeling very bullish about the seasons after that. Getting back to finals in 2020 would be an excellent, and achievable start. Will help enormously if we have a really fit Franklin to lead our attack.