Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week 1 weekly discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    On that topic, I noticed Brian Taylor doing propaganda on behalf of the AFL when commentating last night. Because of the size of the crowd, he totally dismissed any claim of unfairness in regard to Geelong finishing on top of the ladder and then playing on its opponent's home ground. Cats were terrible early but it's a different game at Kardinia Park.
    Did you expect any different from that dinosaur. This is the person that made a homophobic comment on national tv, comes up with childish names for players, goes off into rants about irrelevant topics while the game is played....... put a red nose on him n it’d suit him down to the ground.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Poor ticket sales for GWS final. Only 16,000 expected.
    I think the people of Western Sydney can smell a fraud of a competition in the AFL. Bulldogs got 3:1 ratio of free kicks last time these two met, and giants continually getting poached by Victorian clubs. Not to mention the GF location. Why would they embrace a sport treating then so poorly.
    There is no reason for them to embrace a sport treating them so poorly. And so they don't. I think they can smell a rat from
    whatever the distance between Homebush & AFL House is.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    On that topic, I noticed Brian Taylor doing propaganda on behalf of the AFL when commentating last night. Because of the size of the crowd, he totally dismissed any claim of unfairness in regard to Geelong finishing on top of the ladder and then playing on its opponent's home ground. Cats were terrible early but it's a different game at Kardinia Park.
    mmm.... commentating? Is that what he was doing? These guys are just shills & boosters, right down to their matching AFL lapel pins,
    sprouting the latest edict of the Central Organising Committee of the AFL like their life depended on it. Which it probably does.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    There is no reason for them to embrace a sport treating them so poorly. And so they don't. I think they can smell a rat from
    whatever the distance between Homebush & AFL House is.
    While the swans are competing with the NRL because they are at a higher relevance in Sydney than the giants, the giants direct competitor is the Western Sydney Wanderers. A-league, despite a few faults, at least is fair, and must be a far more compelling option for fans than the VFL (how the west views the AFL).

Senior Player
    mmm.... commentating? Is that what he was doing? These guys are just shills & boosters, right down to their matching AFL lapel pins,
    sprouting the latest edict of the Central Organising Committee of the AFL like their life depended on it. Which it probably does.
    Melbourne footy media, without exception, when it comes to the crunch, will not bite the hand that feeds it, nor go 100% against protected species like McGuire etc.

I just got offered a 25 dollar ticket to the Giants game today via Instagram....anybody else? What's going on there? I wish I could get a 25 dollar ticket to Swans finals..

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I just got offered a 25 dollar ticket to the Giants game today via Instagram....anybody else? What's going on there? I wish I could get a 25 dollar ticket to Swans finals..
    What is going on is that there are spare seats, and they would rather get $25 for them than nothing at all. Strangely the people of
    western Sydney haven't exactly embraced the VFL game being played there later today. Maybe Brian Taylor will be able to share one
    of his incredible insights as to the reasons why.

What is going on is that there are spare seats, and they would rather get $25 for them than nothing at all. Strangely the people of
    western Sydney haven't exactly embraced the VFL game being played there later today. Maybe Brian Taylor will be able to share one
    of his incredible insights as to the reasons why.
    BT's insight would be, that the people of western Sydney need to see more Roaming Brian.

I've become very very cynical about the AFL this year,so I have little interest in anything except the Swans. No Swans, no interest in AFL.

Apparently there's been a big push on the radio by Melbourne commentators for Swans fans to support GWS this finals series- Not gonna happen from my point of view=

And I note the latest Morgan poll saying the Swans are the most supported team in Australia...

How does the AFL justify treating us so badly?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They should have just made the seats cheap from the start, not thrown in at the last minute. And from the start I mean the start of the season, not just ticket sales for this game.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I've become very very cynical about the AFL this year,so I have little interest in anything except the Swans. No Swans, no interest in AFL.

Apparently there's been a big push on the radio by Melbourne commentators for Swans fans to support GWS this finals series- Not gonna happen from my point of view=

And I note the latest Morgan poll saying the Swans are the most supported team in Australia...

How does the AFL justify treating us so badly?
    I'm with you on the Giants Daisi. The idea of Swans supporters getting behind GWS because they're a NSW team makes as much sense as Carlton people supporting Collingwood if they play GWS or the Eagles or Brisbane. It's nonsense. This is a club-based competition, not a state-based one, and it always will be.

The issue of fairness in the competition is an entirely separate one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I'm with you on the Giants Daisi. The idea of Swans supporters getting behind GWS because they're a NSW team makes as much sense as Carlton people supporting Collingwood if they play GWS or the Eagles or Brisbane. It's nonsense. This is a club-based competition, not a state-based one, and it always will be.

The issue of fairness in the competition is an entirely separate one.
    Yes you're right of course...The issue of fairness is separate...but I couldn't help myself...LOL

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast