Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 3 - September 7-8

Almost Football Legend

RWO Game Day Thread - Finals Week 3 - September 7-8

For some reason I didn't get the fixture email this week. But not to worry, it's not hard to put up at this time of year.

Saturday 7th September

Blacktown International Sportspark
    9:00am - Mens Premier Reserves Preliminary Final - St George v UNSW-ES
    11:10am - Womens Premier Division Preliminary Final - East Coast v Sydney University
    1:10pm - Mens Premier Division Preliminary Final - Sydney University v Pennant Hills
    4:00pm - Mens Division One Grand Final - Sydney University v Pennant Hills

Henson Park
    9:00am - Womens Division Three Preliminary Final - St George v Southern Power
    10:55am - Womens Division Two Preliminary Final - East Coast v South-West Sydney
    12:50pm - Womens Division One Preliminary Final - Manly v Pennant Hills
    2:45pm - Mens Division Two Preliminary Final - North Shore v St George
    4:40pm - Mens Division Three Preliminary Final - Camden v UNSW-ES

Sunday 8th September

Blacktown International Sportspark
    9:00am - Under 19s Division Two Grand Final - West Goannas v North Shore
    11:10am - Under 19s Division One Grand Final - Sydney Uni v UNSW-ES
    1:30pm - Platinum Division Grand Final - Macquarie Uni v Southern Power
    3:50pm - Platinum Reserves Grand Final - Southern Power v Western Magic

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Thoughts on missing a grand final afyer getting a yellow card for squirting an opposition player with a water bottle?

Who was that muppet

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Thoughts on missing a grand final afyer getting a yellow card for squirting an opposition player with a water bottle?
    "Hmmm...I might get the chance to play in a Grannie next week...should I risk it by squirting this guy with my water bottle ?...oh bugger it - why not ?"
    Empty head.

Punching someone in the head while on top of him on the ground - no penalty or free kick
    Squirting someone with water while having a sip mid game - yellow card and potential suspension

At least we know the umpires have their priorities right.

Almost Football Legend
    It's a silly thing to do, but missing a Grand Final because of it is a harsh punishment.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Deserves a week for being a smart arse

Reprimand!

Do we deal in conspiracy theories/potential scandals on red and white online?

UNSW div 2 finish first. Week off week 1 of finals. Win week 2 of finals and get week 3 off. In week 3 their div 3 side is coming up against the team that finished first. Finnbar Warren who won in div 2 the previous week plays in their div 3 final which they win convincingly 69 to 4.

He wins the best on and kicks 2 goals (after winning the best on in div 2 the previous week). Today the div 3 team sheet is edited and he is no longer listed as playing, however it still lists him as kicking 2 and winning the best on despite not being on the team list.

The rule 10.7 G
    Where a club has a Lower Division team playing in a Final on the same weekend that the club has a higher grade team which has earnt a week off in its finals series (i.e. won through to a subsequent final) the competition management committee may grant an exemption from By-Law 10.7 (A) for up to two (2) players, however the following restrictions will apply;
    a. The teams referred to above must be consecutively ranked.
    b. The players will be ineligible to play in the higher grade Final the following week, except in exceptional circumstances upon approval of the competition management committee
    To be considered, the application must be received by 12pm Wednesday prior to the scheduled match.

Are UNSW trying to pull a sneaky to get him back up or do they have "exceptional circumstances" for him to win best on's in every grade every week of the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Reprimand!
    Ha Saviour too much time on your hands to be going through Div 2 and Div 3 team sheets.

The real stuff up here is how are UNSW not in Div 1 and Div 2 this season- complete farse - they won Div 2 and had both under 19s in GFs last year - they were only going to get stronger in the lower grades this year, and it happened.

Finals in div 2 are serious business. You should see our match previews!

Conspiracies aside, UNSW will win Div 2 GF by 10 goals minimum and Luffy will get his premiership medal he deserves.

Disagree.

But certainly is a nice change that UTS aren't coming from 5th to make GF's any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast