Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: #AFL Finals week 2 weekly discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    RWO is turning into Bigfooty.
    How I pine for the days when RWO was all about cool, dispassionate analysis, without special pleading, devoid of conspiracy theories, embracing the whole Swans family no matter where we came from, friendly, collegiate, animated purely by our love of the red and white, long before the grey and orange polluted our landscape....

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    How I pine for the days when RWO was all about cool, dispassionate analysis, without special pleading, devoid of conspiracy theories, embracing the whole Swans family no matter where we came from, friendly, collegiate, animated purely by our love of the red and white, long before the grey and orange polluted our landscape....
    You realise you are in a thread that is specifically not about the Swans.

BigFooty is a sess-pit of personal attacks on posters, players, using the most irrational and aggressive logic. It is collective group-think of the great unwashed.
    A good place to go if you want to understand the mentality of the extreme footy fan.
    They bay for blood (suspension, coach sacked, a club losing a game, etc), and they celebrate when they get it.

BigFooty is a sess-pit of personal attacks on posters, players, using the most irrational and aggressive logic.
    Yep. Spot on Barry. That's what they do over there at BigFooty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    It's definitely a farce. They got it wrong first time and now have tried to right the wrong by suspending him for what appears to be a lesser offence. But that's just the AFL for you. They are reactive and just make it up as they go along. First with Demetriou and now with that even bigger joke of an administrator, Gil.
    Having said that, I'm happy Toby got suspended. He carries on like a school yard bully. It's about time justice has finally caught up with him. And yes, in this instance I don't care that he has been hard done by - he deserves it.
    With you all the way RD. His grubbiness has cost him a spot in a prelim ( maybe, he may still get off) and hopefully that will learn him !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Despite your hand-wringing, it's STILL against the rules to rub your hand on someone's face, whether or not you get the eyes.
    It's STILL head-high contact.
    This grubby little dickhead will never learn.
    Had a word with Richard Colless at the BnF last night after we learned he got suspended (and laughed with glee), he said we would recruit him, but we have an unwritten law against recruiting dickheads.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Long Term Injury List
    Slightly off topic but still related.

I'm still processing the action of giving Greene a large fine which just happened to be exactly the amount that his defense council suggested.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the largest fine this year has been around $2000/$3000. After that it is time out of the game.

Has GWS effectively bought their way out of a suspension? That is how I see it. 'Please don't suspend him, he is remorseful and he (we) will pay a big fine to make up for it'. He was found guilty. If they didn't suggest the $7500 would the tribunal have given him a lesser fine or considered suspension?

Will this become the norm, a player suggesting a larger fine in lieu of suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Slightly off topic but still related.

I'm still processing the action of giving Greene a large fine which just happened to be exactly the amount that his defense council suggested.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the largest fine this year has been around $2000/$3000. After that it is time out of the game.

Has GWS effectively bought their way out of a suspension? That is how I see it. 'Please don't suspend him, he is remorseful and he (we) will pay a big fine to make up for it'. He was found guilty. If they didn't suggest the $7500 would the tribunal have given him a lesser fine or considered suspension?

Will this become the norm, a player suggesting a larger fine in lieu of suspension?
    Does seem a bit under-handed, doesn't it?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Umpire: don't touch Charlie Cameron's arm or I'll pay a free kick.
    AFL: good call umpy.must protect the player.
    Whitfield: kneed in the appendix in marking comp. (Legit)
    Lions player: punching Whitfield in appendix region.
    Umpire: ....silence....
    Whitfield: need surgery to remove appendix.
    AFL: .....silence....

Veterans List
    The appendix are at the front.....Whitfield's back injury had nothing to do with his appendix surgery, that was pure coincidence.

Re: the back 'tap'.....the umpires probably didn't even see Robertson hit his sore back.....both players had there backs to the goal umpire.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Lions were clearly targeting Whitfield all game, which makes the "leave Charlie alone" and Greene suspension all the more laughable to me. I don't doubt you could find footage of someone coming late to a contest with Whitfield on the bottom of the pack, and wouldn't be surprised if you can freeze frame it and see someone touch his head.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Leon Cameron must be pulling his hair out. First Greene is suspended and then Whitfield has his appendix out.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516