Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals week 3 weekly discussion thread

Lots of great lines in that catchy ditty .

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    It’s his own stupid fault, his stupidity is likely going to cost his team a fair dinkum crack in a prelim and shot at making a maiden GF. He should feel terrible for being such a grub and a twit and letting down his teammates , coach and ‘fans’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on.
    I for one hope GWS lose by one point, so it inarguable that this vile little germ cost his team a GF berth and possibly a flag.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Spot on.
    I for one hope GWS lose by one point, so it inarguable that this vile little germ cost his team a GF berth and possibly a flag.
    Greene expressed “remorse” during his previous guilty finding. Was there any remorse this time?

He just stated that he was disappointed.
    Dermot thought he shouldn’t lose a week and was at a loss to see any action that warranted it : “he didn’t strike him, he didn’t eye gauge , he didn’t belt his head into the ground, so what was the week for?”
    Dunstall reckoned he should not have put himself in the position yet again.

I don’t think they have much hope without him, nor do the bookies .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Spot on.
    Embarrassing and unjust verdict given that it was emphasised that the case was stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Embarrassing and unjust verdict given that it was emphasised that the case was stand alone.
    Are you happy with a player getting off who has tried to claw his hand ( as in made a claw action with his hands ) over the eye of a player on the bottom of a pack , a player with no means to defend himself ? I’m not . He’s behaved like a dirty rat and even if you separate the two , the footage shows a claw action raking over the eye of a buried player . Bye Toby, enjoy mad Monday ! Maybe dress as cat woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Tonight's decision re: Greene has probably just delayed GWS's exit from the finals by a week anyway. He should have got a week for the Bontempelli incident and without him, GWS do not beat Brisbane last weekend.....and we'd all be looking forward to the tantilising clash of Lions v Magpies.....2002/3 anyone?

No doubt Greene has largely bought this on himself but the AFL, via their inept tribunal, have really stuffed this one up.

Since Greene started his career in 2012, he has been charged 18 times. From these, he has been suspended for seven matches and racked up $26,350 in fines. I'm sure that for many of these, the familiar arguments would've been run: there was limited contact, there was no malice involved, it really was out of character, it was just an unfortunate accident, blah, blah, blah, blah. Strange, the majority of players, many of whom probably have less talent and coordination than Greene, go through their entire careers, without having even one of those unfortunate accidents.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Greene expressed “remorse” during his previous guilty finding. Was there any remorse this time?
    Remorse? never seen such false remorse, not an ounce of remorse in Toby Greene for any of his disgraceful acts on and off the footy field.

I too hope GWS go down by a very narrow margin just to rub it in.

We know the public face of GWS on this matter but they must be livid that Greene keeps doing these things.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Tonight's decision re: Greene has probably just delayed GWS's exit from the finals by a week anyway. He should have got a week for the Bontempelli incident and without him, GWS do not beat Brisbane last weekend.....and we'd all be looking forward to the tantilising clash of Lions v Magpies.....2002/3 anyone?

No doubt Greene has largely bought this on himself but the AFL, via their inept tribunal, have really stuffed this one up.
    They have a genius for stuffing things up. You could have an endless Utopia type tv series based on the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    My Predictions for Week 3.
    If Greene's bid fails, I will self-impose a weeks ban for myself on RWO, because I will have lost the capacity for rational thought. (Sheeple, save yourself the trouble of typing a predictable response)
    Barry?
    Are you there?
    Where are you Barry?
    Baaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy.
    Coooooooo-eeeeeeeeeeeee.

BWA HA HA HA HA
    I bloody-well told you that high contact is against the rules, especially when you do it deliberately.
    See ya next Tuesday.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 20th September 2019 at 09:50 AM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

There is of course the 2005 premiership which we wouldn't have if the tribunal hadn't given another repeat offender (Bazza) a
    free pass for belting Maguire in the prelim...
    I've been around long enough to remember the Swans chartering a flight of QCs down to Melbourne to explain the unfortunate mix up
    between Andrew Dunkley's fingers and James Hird's face in the 96 Prelim, and the photos of Hird's mug wearing his Brownlow
    that week.
    I keep saying. This high horse thing. It's pretty slippery up there.
    Last edited by KTigers; 20th September 2019 at 10:11 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast