Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL Grand Final Week Discussion Thread

Melbourne turns it on like no other.
    So just to get to a Granny and be part of the festival is fantastic.
    They party hard and it’s all such a good set up.
    Where Melbournians keep keep finding always astonishes .
    175,000 to a couple of Prelims and big crowds all year.
    Soon after they will be flocking to the races, and the Australian Open ( that’s a 14 day festival) and in between they dig up to go to Test Cricket, 20/20, Big Bash, car and bike races.
    If they announced two snails were going to race up Swanston St, they would start lining the streets immediately.
    It’s the nuttiest place.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sheesh, pretty sure that should have been holding the ball against Soldo in that last ruck contest that ended in the goal to Rioli.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Close game so far. I thought GWS was a bit stiff not to get a couple of holding the ball decisions, especially leading up to the last Richmond goal.

I'm happy I got to farewell our retirees. But being at the game I'm jealous that we're not playing.

Senior Player
    I have to say, the umpiring has been horribly inconsistent. Richmond getting an armchair ride so far. Not to say they don’t deserve to win, but they are on the better side of the calls today.

So sad to see Mumford on centre stage stinking it up. He has been substandard all finals and it's actually really cringeworthy to watch him get so easily owned. The only thing he can do is play illegally and hope he doesn't get caught out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sun View Post
    I have to say, the umpiring has been horribly inconsistent. Richmond getting an armchair ride so far. Not to say they don’t deserve to win, but they are on the better side of the calls today.
    Disagree. The frees for Richmond are deserved. GWS so far behind they can only resort to illegal play. Plus they like to "play on the edge". Well, when you do that, your margin for error is pretty small.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep- seems like Richmond are getting every 50/50 call and the Giants aren't getting any.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    So sad to see Mumford on centre stage stinking it up. He has been substandard all finals and it's actually really cringeworthy to watch him get so easily owned. The only thing he can do is play illegally and hope he doesn't get caught out.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. The frees for Richmond are deserved. GWS so far behind they can only resort to illegal play. Plus they like to "play on the edge". Well, when you do that, your margin for error is pretty small.
    Yeah, I suspect that GWS will be more on the edge, early in the second half; in a desperate attempt to turn the game around. Can't really see it working. Though I can see another Greene suspension.

Richmond dominated that second quarter, with Dusty heading towards the Norm Smith. Prestia, Cotchin, Caddy and Marion winning the contest clearly.

GWS will need more out of Taranto, Kelly and the rest of their mids to have any chance. Mumford needs to be hooked, Tomlinson and Finlayson to ruck, Greene and Whitfield more midfield time. If they don't improve, no amount of favourable umpiring will save them.

Veterans List
    The pressure from Richmond is huge. They dont give the Giants any room and they tackle them straight away. The GWS forwards need to work more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Melbourne turns it on like no other.
    So just to get to a Granny and be part of the festival is fantastic.
    They party hard and it’s all such a good set up.
    Where Melbournians keep keep finding always astonishes .
    175,000 to a couple of Prelims and big crowds all year.
    Soon after they will be flocking to the races, and the Australian Open ( that’s a 14 day festival) and in between they dig up to go to Test Cricket, 20/20, Big Bash, car and bike races.
    If they announced two snails were going to race up Swanston St, they would start lining the streets immediately.
    It’s the nuttiest place.
    Great post ... & that is why the Granny is (& should be) played at the MCG

Senior Player
    Richmond just far too good. I wish it was a close game, but you can’t deny the Tigers today.

Richmond just far too good. I wish it was a close game, but you can’t deny the Tigers today.
    Credit where credit’s due. GW$ embarrass themselves on the big stage ... surely the AFL can’t penalise the Northern academies next year?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast