Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: AFL Grand Final Week Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This is a football thread, on a football forum. It's for discussing football.

If you wish to make character slurs about people, unrelated to football, please go somewhere else and do it.
    I understand why my posts were deleted. No hard feelings.
    I'll keep my dislike of anything GWS to myself in future.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Agree with you Liz about the lack of a plan to counter Richmond. Everyone thought they would start with the ugly game style but Richmond beat them to it and they couldn't counteract it

They now need a coach to take them to the next step. Cameron has been a good development coach but to me isn't a top line coach to get them a flag.

They should be targeting someone Buckley or Clarkson.
    Buckley?

Rowbottom to run in GF sprint - sydneyswans.com.au

How did he go?

Super surprised rowbottom is our fastest player?

Florent?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

How did he go?

Florent?
    Players decide among themselves who is going, there's been some funny ones from various clubs over the years, it's not the fastest player. A stack of players are not available, on overseas holidays, like Ollie. They get two free GF tickets to go in it so some players stick their hand up for that reason. Rowbottom never made the final.

- 2.9 million watched the GF, the first time it’s been lower than 3 million since 2011.

- Figures were 33% lower than last year’s 4.3 million

- only 991k watched in Melbourne, the lowest in eight years

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/roosters-storm-clash-breaks-tv-ratings-records-for-nrl-as-afl-grand-final-flounders-20190929-p52vyd.html

pr. dim-melb; m not f

How did he go?

Florent?
    Won by Ben King (GC)

For further details see AFL news. It won't let me show it here.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

How did he go?

Florent?
    Usually run by a player who doesn't make enough money to go on an overseas vacation. He was also given the job of explaining to Papley's girlfriend why he was in Barcelona with Ollie Florent and bunch of other young Swannies.

Rushed through my work day, switched off all devices to get home to watch the replay.
    The first quarter had promise, maybe if Toby and Harry had nailed both shots....
    Then the Tigers flicked to turbo-charge and their dodge and weave and tsunami footy was just a Masterclass .
    Giants didn’t give a yelp, unlike against the Pies and Lions.
    Melbourne piles on the hype, you can believe you are a hero well before 2.30pm Saturday .
    Happened to many .
    Don’t watch it, move forward .

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I am watching the NSW version of this tonight.....not that the Storm deserve to be playing at home but they've played a few GF's away to lower NSW based opposition and are tonight being crucified in the penalty count in front of a crowd which resembles today's very one sided and very vocal attendance.

There are two major football leagues in this country with massive integrity issues.....
    It's simple really. Australia is a small country without the population, financial resources and level of interest to
    support a balanced and fair national comp. That's why we don't have one in any football code. I suppose you could
    argue the Sheffield Shield is a balanced comp in the sense that technically each team has it's own stadium.
    As far as Australian Rules goes we're going to need a much bigger population, a lot more money and a lot more people
    interested. But because it's only played in Australia the revenue is always going to be limited to what they can
    squeeze out of the population here.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    It's simple really. Australia is a small country without the population, financial resources and level of interest to
    support a balanced and fair national comp. That's why we don't have one in any football code. I suppose you could
    argue the Sheffield Shield is a balanced comp in the sense that technically each team has it's own stadium.
    As far as Australian Rules goes we're going to need a much bigger population, a lot more money and a lot more people
    interested. But because it's only played in Australia the revenue is always going to be limited to what they can
    squeeze out of the population here.
    Fair assessment KT....throw in the home state 'nepotism' and it's sort of akin to how things work in small country towns.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Buckley?
    Yes, he is a far better coach than Cameron. Give him that GWS list and he could take them to the top. Over the last couple of years he has matured into the role and is shrewd student of the game.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    Yes, he is a far better coach than Cameron. Give him that GWS list and he could take them to the top. Over the last couple of years he has matured into the role and is shrewd student of the game.
    Agreed.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast