Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Australian Swans supporters 2019 Christmas dinner

I can't seem to reply to you Goswannies, via private message. Anyhow i was on the table closest to the bar. I came and introduced myself to you when you walked in. Perhaps RWO should isdue us all t-shirts with our RWO call sign. At a cost, of course.

Let us be sure to get together prior to round one?

Nothing to do with the dinner but thought the people involved might have the most knowledge - I'm taking the family to Adelaide for Round 1. Accomodation and flights are booked but just can't find any information on ticketing? Any tips from our South Australian crew on the best way to get tickets?

Phone Ben at Swans office.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Nothing to do with the dinner but thought the people involved might have the most knowledge - I'm taking the family to Adelaide for Round 1. Accomodation and flights are booked but just can't find any information on ticketing? Any tips from our South Australian crew on the best way to get tickets?
    Through the club is best. Otherwise join the massive queues online through Ticketec (or should that be Ticketwreck?!) for randomly allocated expensive seats ... when they eventually go on sale!

Thanks. I’ll give the club a call and see what happens.

Thanks. I’ll give the club a call and see what happens.
    I’m in same situation so would be grateful if you report back here anything that you find out. I have been watching the ‘tickets ‘ page on the AFL site for update on Adelaide Oval ticket sales.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I’m in same situation so would be grateful if you report back here anything that you find out. I have been watching the ‘tickets ‘ page on the AFL site for update on Adelaide Oval ticket sales.
    Not sure if you also received an email from the swans with subject "Swans trio named for state of origin" but it says that the tickets for round 1 go on sale Thursday 20th February at 10am and to contact the club to purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Not sure if you also received an email from the swans with subject "Swans trio named for state of origin" but it says that the tickets for round 1 go on sale Thursday 20th February at 10am and to contact the club to purchase.
    Thanks for info Mel. I was o/s last week so chose to wait till this morning when public sales came online with Ticketek. Just bought tickets but there seems to be heavy traffic. Category 1 sold out, Cat 2 only single tickets, didn’t look beyond that - but I suggest anyone interested get online fast!

Thanks for info Mel. I was o/s last week so chose to wait till this morning when public sales came online with Ticketek. Just bought tickets but there seems to be heavy traffic. Category 1 sold out, Cat 2 only single tickets, didn’t look beyond that - but I suggest anyone interested get online fast!
    Hi Meg,

I left messages and sent an email to the Swans some time ago but never heard anything back. I got tickets today but only could get category 3 for 4 seats together. Having never been to the place, I have no idea if these are any good but it is better than watching it from the hotel room.

Hi Meg,

I left messages and sent an email to the Swans some time ago but never heard anything back. I got tickets today but only could get category 3 for 4 seats together. Having never been to the place, I have no idea if these are any good but it is better than watching it from the hotel room.
    That’s a bit poor from the Swans .... I had same issue as you in that I was buying 5 tickets but only single tickets were available in Categories 1 & 2. So I bought 5 single tickets (which was a painful exercise as each was a separate transaction). After I had bought two single Cat 1 tickets, the ‘sold out’ note appeared so the other three are Cat 2. The other four people are my family who live in Adelaide and we don’t have to sit together - but it would be nice as a bit of a shield from the rabid Crows supporters! I’m hoping we might be able to shuffle around on the day.

Re your Cat 3 tickets, they will either be down at ground level or high up in the stand. Either way I think they will be ok. But 21 March 4.30pm in Adelaide could be hot so if you are at ground level be prepared (if necessary) with sun protection. Also if you are on eastern side (as I am) for the first half we will be looking into the sun so have sunglasses with you.

Anyway, a packed Adelaide Oval is quite an experience - sometimes one of suffering for an opposition fan!

That’s a bit poor from the Swans .... I had same issue as you in that I was buying 5 tickets but only single tickets were available in Categories 1 & 2. So I bought 5 single tickets (which was a painful exercise as each was a separate transaction). After I had bought two single Cat 1 tickets, the ‘sold out’ note appeared so the other three are Cat 2. The other four people are my family who live in Adelaide and we don’t have to sit together - but it would be nice as a bit of a shield from the rabid Crows supporters! I’m hoping we might be able to shuffle around on the day.

Re your Cat 3 tickets, they will either be down at ground level or high up in the stand. Either way I think they will be ok. But 21 March 4.30pm in Adelaide could be hot so if you are at ground level be prepared (if necessary) with sun protection. Also if you are on eastern side (as I am) for the first half we will be looking into the sun so have sunglasses with you.

Anyway, a packed Adelaide Oval is quite an experience - sometimes one of suffering for an opposition fan!
    Yep. We are high up in the Eastern stand. First world problems! I can't wait.

Hi Meg,

Adelaide oval seating map - Adelaide oval cricket seating map (South Australia - Australia)

Goswannette & I resorted to buying 2 seats apart but with 2 just people between us and we’ll ask if they mind swapping. We’re just a Bay or two around from the cheer squad IIRC.

There might also be a pre-match function before at the Cathedral hotel. You might have to let the SA Swans supporter group coordinator know if you want to attend.

Ticketek are a joke. They always seem to sell seats leaving a single seat between them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. We are high up in the Eastern stand. First world problems! I can't wait.
    I had those seats once. Needed oxygen and binoculars...& paid $70 for the privilege

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast