Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 AFL fixture

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    6 games in Melbourne. Good 😁
    A little better balance in the home game line up to - 4 afternoon/twilight games, 3 Thursday night/Friday night games, and 3 Saturday night games (with 1 TBC for Rd 23). A much better balance then some of our previous seasons - though I would prefer 5 afternoon/twlight, even 6 (but that is purely from a selfish viewpoint of having to travel 3 hours each way to get to games).

2 trips to QLD, 1 only to SA and WA.

Double ups against GWS, Gold Coast, the Injectors, Carlton, Wees and Poos.

A real chance, if we progress as a team, to be challenging for finals on the basis of that draw imho.
    Last edited by mcs; 31st October 2019 at 11:23 AM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Happy and I know it
    Hooray for proper afternoon games at the SCG! Very pleased with that.

Reasonably soft draw. 3 day games at home and one twilight (I would not call a bounce at 4.35 pm in July a 'day' game). 3 at the MCG. Two trips to Queensland and once each to SA and WA.

It's a pity none of our home day games is against big opposition but I suppose that's because those games can draw huge TV audiences and so are fixtured at night to maximise our national popularity. We're a victim of our own success there. I'm happy to be fixtured at prime time for away games.

Looks like a pretty good outcome at first blush.

And none in bloody Geelong!!!

The joys of being a bottom 6 side!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Any particular reason the R19 GIANTS v Swans game at GIANTS Stadium is starting at the odd time of 5:10pm?

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    A little better balance in the home game line up to - 4 afternoon/twilight games, 3 Thursday night/Friday night games, and 3 Saturday night games (with 1 TBC for Rd 23). A much better balance then some of our previous seasons - though I would prefer 5 afternoon/twlight, even 6 (but that is purely from a selfish viewpoint of having to travel 3 hours each way to get to games).

2 trips to QLD, 1 only to SA and WA.

Double ups against GWS, Gold Coast, the Injectors, Carlton, Wees and Poos.

A real chance, if we progress as a team, to be challenging for finals on the basis of that draw imho.
    Well, I quite like the two trips to Queensland. And the double up against the Suns: while I think they will improve a bit, you'd think we'd win both those games. Of the others, I suspect that Essendon might be on a downward spiral, GWS may have had some of the arrogance knocked out of them, Hawthorn may be on the same level as this year and Carlton might be strong improvers: though I would be happy if they didn't.

Have to wait till Round 9 (May 16th) before getting chance to watch them play here in Melbourne, but can live with that on the balance of the draw. I'm also pleased we get to play Richmond at the MCG on a Saturday afernoon, rather than a Thursday night at Marvel which has been the case last few seasons (been a little while since we played them at the SCG. 2016 R23 thrashing if I recall?).

Always hard to tell before the season starts proper, whether a team has a favourable draw because there's always a number of teams that slide up or down the ladder unexpectedly.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    And none in bloody Geelong!!!
    Damn, there goes my annual trip to a reserved members seat at Geelong!
    Last edited by stevoswan; 31st October 2019 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Any particular reason the R19 GIANTS v Swans game at GIANTS Stadium is starting at the odd time of 5:10pm?
    Very strange, but it is at the start of the olympics too - so maybe some brain farting around to do with that - who knows?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast