Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2020 AFL fixture

Essendon's fixture reveal is funny: Essendon FC on Twitter: "Yes, we drove two hours to buy a toy hovercraft.

Our 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘 𝔽𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼 is here 🗓… "
    . They have an insouciant dig at us for both games we're fixtured to play one another. First time they have a poorly made coffee and then some small change thrown down. Works on multiple levels. Second time they have a wobbling goal post that falls over. Cheeky. I like it. Fair play.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Have to wait till Round 9 (May 16th) before getting chance to watch them play here in Melbourne, but can live with that on the balance of the draw. I'm also pleased we get to play Richmond at the MCG on a Saturday afernoon, rather than a Thursday night at Marvel which has been the case last few seasons (been a little while since we played them at the SCG. 2016 R23 thrashing if I recall?).

Always hard to tell before the season starts proper, whether a team has a favourable draw because there's always a number of teams that slide up or down the ladder unexpectedly.
    Agree about Tigers at MCG. Also atmosphere at marvel very feral with their fans. At least at MCG, it is more spread out. Same as Essendon fans now their team has improved.

AFL has ranked our fixture 14th hardest - which seems about right for a side finishing 15th: We rank your fixture: Pros, cons, circle it, who got a raw deal? - AFL.com.au. Good for us given we reckon we're better than that. Although apparently Champion Data rate our draw as the second easiest. Bulldogs fixture winners? Suns losers? North have been a bit hard done by I reckon.

Did the colliwobbles get 22 games at the MCG.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Table showing the relative difficulty of teams' fixtures based on the 2019 wins and losses of their opponents: West Coast opponents had the most wins in 2019

Another based on 2019 percentages: https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/pd4cQ/...mbedheight=550

We do well either way.

Happy with the home draw. My friends and I were considering dropping back to a 3 game membership but we are all happy with the balance of day v night games. All onboard to go around again.

Go Cygnets in 2020!

Veterans List
    We rarely play St Kilda twice.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    We rarely play St Kilda twice.
    That's because we rarely finish at the bottom of the ladder with them!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    AFL has ranked our fixture 14th hardest - which seems about right for a side finishing 15th: We rank your fixture: Pros, cons, circle it, who got a raw deal? - AFL.com.au. Good for us given we reckon we're better than that. Although apparently Champion Data rate our draw as the second easiest. Bulldogs fixture winners? Suns losers? North have been a bit hard done by I reckon.
    This ranking doesnt take into account the difficulty of travelling which all non-vic sides have to deal with.
    If the ranking was based on "changes to make top 4", the 8 non-vic teams would all be ranked as hardest, and the big 4 vic teams would be ranked easiest.
    If the ranking was based on "changes to win a premiership" then it would be even worse, because the amount to time on the MCG would be factored in.

All this aside, West coast have the hardest draw despite finishing 5th?, and Richmond, the dominant team by a country mile, have the 5th hardest. Fair?. No.

Veterans List
    Essendon's fixture reveal is funny: Essendon FC on Twitter: "Yes, we drove two hours to buy a toy hovercraft.

Our 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟘 𝔽𝕀𝕏𝕋𝕌ℝ𝔼 is here 🗓… "
    . They have an insouciant dig at us for both games we're fixtured to play one another. First time they have a poorly made coffee and then some small change thrown down. Works on multiple levels. Second time they have a wobbling goal post that falls over. Cheeky. I like it. Fair play.
    That's pretty clever stuff.....credit where it's due.

- - - Updated - - -

Now the AFL rank our draw (with Champion Data) as the second easiest (17th hardest) and Freo's as the easiest.

The 2020 fixture breakdown: Hawks, Pies' start from hell, Dons' scary run home to finals - AFL.com.au

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123