Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 AFL fixture

2020 AFL fixture

The AFL website says the fixture is going "to be announced at the end of October". Well, that means tomorrow at the latest. So far they are drip feeding us bits and pieces.

We play the Crows in Adelaide round 1, and then host the Bombers in our first home game of the season on Friday night 27 March 2020: Crow stays in the nest after Sydney interest falls through - AFL.com.au. Annoyingly, they are hyping it as the "Joe Daniher Cup". I guess we are going to have to put up with that kind of thing all season or until JD re-signs with EFC.

Anyway, looking forward to the announcement of the balance of the fixture and hoping for a maximum of afternoon home games against non- also-ran teams. Happy for our away matches to be on Friday nights.

Will be interested to see which teams we are fixtured to play twice: I'll guess GWS and four of Essendon, Hawks, Adelaide, Melbourne, North and Saints.

Any other requests/hopes? Or guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    The AFL website says the fixture is going "to be announced at the end of October". Well, that means tomorrow at the latest. So far they are drip feeding us bits and pieces.

We play the Crows in Adelaide round 1, and then host the Bombers in our first home game of the season on Friday night 27 March 2020: Crow stays in the nest after Sydney interest falls through - AFL.com.au. Annoyingly, they are hyping it as the "Joe Daniher Cup". I guess we are going to have to put up with that kind of thing all season or until JD re-signs with EFC.

Anyway, looking forward to the announcement of the balance of the fixture and hoping for a maximum of afternoon home games against non- also-ran teams. Happy for our away matches to be on Friday nights.

Will be interested to see which teams we are fixtured to play twice: I'll guess GWS and four of Essendon, Hawks, Adelaide, Melbourne, North and Saints.

Any other requests/hopes? Or guesses?
    Was hoping there'd be an outside chance we might play the wees and poos in Launceston (just for another excuse for a Tassie road trip), but given we are headed to Tassie for pre-season, that seems unlikely. Like you, not too many Friday night home games, and lots of afternoon home games would be perfect

Might have to try and make it to Radelaide for Rd 1 - always enjoy going to the footy at Adelaide Oval.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Might have to try and make it to Radelaide for Rd 1 - always enjoy going to the footy at Adelaide Oval.
    Except for those rabid Crows fans ..... mind you they might not be so bad now Tippett is out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Except for those rabid Crows fans ..... mind you they might not be so bad now Tippett is out of mind.
    Hahaha yeh they are pretty feral - but we usually go the expensive seats (well all seats at AO are expensive) so just get the 'toffs' if Adelaide have such a thing haha.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    As a bottom 6 finisher, we'll get a double up of teams in the bottom six with the exception of GWS.

Best time to get the Crows given they've had a big player turnover.

In recruiting news, glad we lost interest in Riley Knight, only fringe at Crows after 5 seasons so probably a list clogger.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hahaha yeh they are pretty feral - but we usually go the expensive seats (well all seats at AO are expensive) so just get the 'toffs' if Adelaide have such a thing haha.
    I had to move at AO before I exploded and therefore got into a fight one time in the season after we recruited Tippett. And that was in expensive seats - or at least non-cheap, up in the eastern stand.

And Iā€™m from Adelaide originally ......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I had to move at AO before I exploded and therefore got into a fight one time in the season after we recruited Tippett. And that was in expensive seats - or at least non-cheap, up in the eastern stand.

And Iā€™m from Adelaide originally ......
    And not returning any time soon I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    And not returning any time soon I reckon.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side
    6 games in Melbourne. Good šŸ˜

Veterans List
    Double ups against, Gold Coast, GWS, Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast