Page 43 of 267 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 trading, drafting, list management

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Macca to GWS makes a lot of sense. For Macca, I think it makes a lot of sense to leave the Swans and get exposure to something different. Plus he gets to do that without leaving Sydney and returning to his roots - he actually is from Western Sydney. For GWS it's a great recruiting option. He's already acknowledged for his coaching and leadership abilities (and been trained up in that capacity by us) and is very very well respected. For the Swans it's sad to lose him but (a) he may return down the track; and (b) we don't desperately need new junior coaches and in any event we probably want to get in new coaches from outside who bring something fresh to the table.
    I think that we really need need to be sourcing our coaches and support staff externally. No room for sentimentality given that we need to keep up with the development of the game. Infact, we should be targeting coaches and staff from the clubs that have adapted their game styles to suit the modern game, such as, Hawthorn, Adelaide, WC, Bulldogs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    On Blakey there is a lot of water to flow under the bridge yet. A lot changes in a year n a half. Brander went from touted as top pick to outside the top 5 by a few now. Scharenburg didn't even get drafted last year. At one stage Grundy was a top ten n then drifted over a year n ended up a rookie. Blakey could end up the next Franklin but on the other hand he could easily be a Brett O'Farrell. A lot changes.
    Blakey still needs to decide where he wants to go as well. Does anyone have the inside word on which way Blakey is leaning? I'll be p1553d if he picks either Brisbane or Roos. It's not often we get home grown talent. It'll be a kick in the guts if he doesn't want to play in his home city.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    Blakey still needs to decide where he wants to go as well. Does anyone have the inside word on which way Blakey is leaning? I'll be p1553d if he picks either Brisbane or Roos. It's not often we get home grown talent. It'll be a kick in the guts if he doesn't want to play in his home city.
    Picture this:

Screenshot.jpg

JB: Wow. That kid is a great kick.

JL: Your @@@@ing son just kicked the winning goal against us.

JB: Maybe I should have had a word with the boy a couple of years ago. Anyway Horse, don't worry, we'll get another crack at the Premiership next year.

I'd keep marsh in the squad
    Great value but gives our 22 flexibility and if nick smith was injured for a season we need a shut down type player

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I'd keep marsh in the squad
    Great value but gives our 22 flexibility and if nick smith was injured for a season we need a shut down type player
    Why would you let Marsh go for virtually nothing, The only reason would be if another club made him a better offer.

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I've made that point several times in other posts. My post was more in relation to people predicting a top 5 in next years draft. He has four choices n it's up to him. There has been no indication of what he wants to do yet & why would there be it's a year n a half till next years draft n a lot can change in that time.

Senior Player
    Out Tippett. Trade in preuss. Preuss will be the comps dominant ruckman in a couple of years in my opinion and if north Melbourne won't play him then he should do a nankervis and move to somewhere who will play him.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Out Tippett. Trade in preuss. Preuss will be the comps dominant ruckman in a couple of years in my opinion and if north Melbourne won't play him then he should do a nankervis and move to somewhere who will play him.
    Both are Contracted till the end o next year. Why would Norf trade out a potential number 1 ruck for an over paid reserves player that at best has 3 years left and would not be part of their next premiership tilt? He's not in the same situation as Nankervis one bit. Goldy could be the one traded at the end of the year not Preuss.

Senior Player
    Both are Contracted till the end o next year. Why would Norf trade out a potential number 1 ruck for an over paid reserves player that at best has 3 years left and would not be part of their next premiership tilt? He's not in the same situation as Nankervis one bit. Goldy could be the one traded at the end of the year not Preuss.
    I agree that north wouldn't want to trade him. Just dreaming. I really rate preuss

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I agree that north wouldn't want to trade him. Just dreaming. I really rate preuss
    So do I but it's exactly that, a dream.

Warming the Bench
    North should trade out Goldy as the end of the year, he's 28 now so still a few good years ahead of him and if they don't they will likely lose Preuss to other opportunities elsewhere. It will allow them to land a big trade target or two also

Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    North should trade out Goldy as the end of the year, he's 28 now so still a few good years ahead of him and if they don't they will likely lose Preuss to other opportunities elsewhere. It will allow them to land a big trade target or two also
    I fully agree. Preuss development will be hampered a lot If goldy stays. Both are Number 1 rucks plus goldy more than likely will not be part of their tilt in 3-4 years. Fremantle wound be a good fit for goldy if Sandilands were to retire.