Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL General Pre Season Discussion Thread

Luke Hodge just walked out to bat in the bushfire fund raiser, has a slight gut on him. Amazing what missing one preseason can do!

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Oh dear! Brad Scott appointed AFL's "competition evolution manager"......

Former Roos coach takes on new role at AFL HQ

"While assessing game trends with various stakeholders including players, coaches and analysts, Scott will also work closely with the Competition Committee.

Scott will also play a major role in decision-making around rules, regulations and growth of all AFL competitions."

The tinkering with our game will go on forever!
    So the AFL now has an officer specifically appointed to stuff around with the rules of a game that's been going for 120 years? These people are like an early teen boy who has just discovered his willy. Just leave it alone for Kerrrist's sake!
    Change is not necessarily required or positive.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Well, the first part of the Demons 5 part doco, 'To Hell and Back', has dropped: AFL Video - AFL.com.au. West Coast (and the rest of the competition) can consider themselves on notice: there's a segment where fitness guru Darren Burgess says to their playing group that if they follow his fitness program "I guarantee you will have an advantage on your opponent round 1 [i.e. because they will have worked harder and will be fitter]". (I might have slightly paraphrased but that was the clear meaning of what he said.)

Just heard Simon Lethlean on SEN say in the event of their R11 game against Port in China being cancelled, he'll be looking whether if it's possible to move the game to Moorabbin on a Monday night!

Wonder if he'll also plan to turn on the sprinklers the night before for old time's sake!

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Just heard Simon Lethlean on SEN say in the event of their R11 game against Port in China being cancelled, he'll be looking whether if it's possible to move the game to Moorabbin on a Monday night!

Wonder if he'll also plan to turn on the sprinklers the night before for old time's sake!
    Maybe have the game sponsored by a cigarette company? And back when Moorabbin was a venue, were people able to drag a fully laden esky into the ground?

I watched the AFW game at Moorabbin the weekend. The ground is in superb condition. Much better than the "Gluepot" of old.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Maybe have the game sponsored by a cigarette company? And back when Moorabbin was a venue, were people able to drag a fully laden esky into the ground?
    I believe so.....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Every ground. Went to a North/Richmond GF with a full esky.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Unfortunately Eddie isn't following him.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I read a report where he said that Hawthorn would not be getting rid of their financial reliance on pokies. I wonder if it will be any different at that club without him.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veterans List
    Interesting result from yesterday with the 'new look' Suns spanking the Cats. Rowell starred.....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast