Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2020 NEAFL discussion thread

Where would the NEAFL Swans play their home games- Blacktown?

I love the idea! It will help our kids develop a hell of a lot better coming up against quality opposition week in week out! I hope they play some curtain raisers too in Vic!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I think its long overdue. Not only is it a better grounding for our new recruits leading into the AFL itself but its a fantastic enticement for the Swans Academy kids. Wouldnt it be better for the academy as a whole if the kids knew that even if they werent the one or two who may be drafted that they could play for the Swans Reserves in a competition that still involves AFL clubs . Those five or ten kids that miss a spot each year but are "oh so close" could play on , play in the reserves team and possibly improve their prospects by showcasing week in , week out to a wider audience.

Regular in the Side
    New comp a win-win for Swans

From the club's website, more details of the AFL's new East Coast league completion:

"The Swans will be looking to assemble a list of up to 30 players (a primary list of up to 12 open-age players, and a development list of up to 18 players aged 22 and under.) to be available for selection alongside the club’s senior listed players. The squad is expected to comprise a number of current and former Academy players, as well as local and interstate mature-age players looking for opportunities to play at the highest level.

This will be a good development for having an improved and clearer pathway for our Academy graduates!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    New comp a win-win for Swans

From the club's website, more details of the AFL's new East Coast league completion:

"The Swans will be looking to assemble a list of up to 30 players (a primary list of up to 12 open-age players, and a development list of up to 18 players aged 22 and under.) to be available for selection alongside the club’s senior listed players. The squad is expected to comprise a number of current and former Academy players, as well as local and interstate mature-age players looking for opportunities to play at the highest level.

This will be a good development for having an improved and clearer pathway for our Academy graduates!
    Sounds exciting. I'm looking forward to watching the games. Hopefully the telecast will be of a similar quality to SANFL tv games.

The only spanner in the works will be Covid and the need for hubs again. But I guess we cross that bridge if it happens again.

Where will the NEAFL team play? Blacktown? I'm also slightly disappointed that Laidley will coach this side. I know Covid puts financial pressure on each side with coaching team but this new competition is a real step up and needs an experienced coach to ensure the players get the necessary skills both tactically and skill wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Sounds exciting. I'm looking forward to watching the games. Hopefully the telecast will be of a similar quality to SANFL tv games.

The only spanner in the works will be Covid and the need for hubs again. But I guess we cross that bridge if it happens again.
    That's something to look forward to, no more of those dire NEAFL commentators.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Where will the NEAFL team play? Blacktown? I'm also slightly disappointed that Laidley will coach this side. I know Covid puts financial pressure on each side with coaching team but this new competition is a real step up and needs an experienced coach to ensure the players get the necessary skills both tactically and skill wise.
    I assume that you mean Laidler, not Laidley. Laidley would be disappointing.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910