Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Coronavirus cancels kids sport but not because the government said so - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

It took until Wednesday afternoon for the Federal Government to issue any guidelines, which say community, school and junior sport can continue.

I'd trust the ABC over the AFL media dept.
    So despite the conflicting advise you are still prepared to play cricket this weekend? Especially as a teacher coming in contact with dozens of kids every day?
    I know most of the time you post on this site just to stir people and get a response, and I’m so board socially isolating that I’m responding to your and other people’s posts, but mate time to think again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which conflicting advice?

The govt guidelines literally said it is ok. Just as they said it's ok for 30 kids to be in my 7x7 room despite their new rules on needing 4m2 per person.

ABC and government over the AFL media department for my info.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Which conflicting advice?

The govt guidelines literally said it is ok. Just as they said it's ok for 30 kids to be in my 7x7 room despite their new rules on needing 4m2 per person.

ABC and government over the AFL media department for my info.
    I’m glad that you do everything the government always tells you to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now it's time to calm down men. I'm just a mug who works 9 to 5 and enjoys my footy on the weekends and now that's gone.
    The world is in a mess right now and this is not a movie it's real and their will be a bright light at the end of this.

Best now we all look after our families and help others to get thru this.

When the footy is back i'm sure some clubs will need our help as well.

Good luck stay safe.

Here is my forecast:
    Start training 1st June
    Start playing 3rd July with half season draw.

Footy won’t return for 2020.

Yeh I reckon we will be out all year.

Despite 5/6 state governments saying golf was ok 3 weeks ago, Golf Australia still maintained it wasn't safe to play and only changed their position on it yesterday after "observing safe measures in 5 states and 1 territory over the past 3 weeks". Sports admin will be really conservative because they don't want to be the one making the decision to play if something goes wrong.

NRL back at the end of May with players in isolation plus constant testing to see if the contract the virus. Local sport wont have any of these measures. Plus you need to give everyone at least a months notice you will return.

It will be cancelled for the whole year.

School Sport Australia has already cancelled everything for 2020. Pretty sure NSWRL cancelled all their reserve grade and junior rep competitions for the year.

NSW junior rugby league is looking to start training 1st July with playing to start mid July

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    NSW junior rugby league is looking to start training 1st July with playing to start mid July
    If any AFL Sydney footy is played it will be a very short "season" you'd have to think - maybe pre-season carnival style (maybe even AFL 9s or something) just to have some fun July/August-Sept. Despite a bit of justified optimism buzzing around currently the reality is its pretty impossible to social distance a full contact game involving 44 players + umps, coaches etc (please lets not use Rugby League admin as a guide to anything).

The QRU have announced community rugby training to commence on June 1 with matches resuming on July 1. There is hope for us yet.

I wish we could have been at Picken today for the traditional Wests v Penno Anzac Day fixture...I'm missing that. Perfect day for the ceremony followed by a Magpie Burger.

Any thoughts (inside information) on if and when there will be a return to community footy this year?

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast