Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,093 to 1,104 of 1108

Thread: Covid 19 and footy - season (suspended) now resumed

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Re home game advantage for Brisbane Lions (should they play in the Granny)

“That’s what MANY other teams face at the MCG every year .”
    J. Dunstall
    Did someone complain that Brisbane, if they make the Grand Final, would have a home ground advantage? If so, that's unbelievable!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Did someone complain that Brisbane, if they make the Grand Final, would have a home ground advantage? If so, that's unbelievable!!!
    Reasons often given why Richmond don't have a home ground advantage when playing in the GF at the MCG ;
    1. Other teams have the MCG as their home ground as well.
    2. The GF has always been played at the MCG.
    3. There will be more opposition supporters at the GF than at Richmond H & A games at the MCG.
    .... and my favourite....
    4. Geelong has requested home finals at GHMBA Stadium and if played there they would be a bigger
    advantage to Geelong than a GF played at the MCG would be for Richmond.

This is what we're dealing with folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I know some will disagree, but I think it's dishonourable of Richmond to make the players pay. The AFL fined the club. The club was responsible for them. To the extent the players were not properly managed, it's ultimately on the club. Apparently, they'd left some club-organised birthday drinks. Surely others noticed they'd gone.

It would be a significant impost on two low paid players. Unless there is some contract term they've agreed to which supports it, Richmond should suck it up.
    AFLPA agrees.

I didn’t realise that they hadn’t been to the strip club. Only to get food. (Or am I being naive?)
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 5th September 2020 at 12:44 PM.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    No one was complaining - someone just raised the point that the Lions have a great opportunity for a GF at home - hence Dunstall's completely justified and timely point.

I'll throw my lot in with the Lions come finals time

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    AFLPA agrees.

I didn’t realise that they hadn’t been to the strip club. Only to get food. (Or am I being naive?)
    "It's inteded to be a club fine. Everybody's got ownership of this, it's a club-wide leadership piece, we've all got responsibility in it."

- Steve Hocking

https://twitter.com/AFLNation/status...114011136?s=19

"It's inteded to be a club fine. Everybody's got ownership of this, it's a club-wide leadership piece, we've all got responsibility in it."

- Steve Hocking

I'm with you MattW.

Category: | Herald Sun

'the AFLPA made clear it was not only above the maximum fine of $5000, it was illegal under the AFL’s code of conduct because they had already been handed a set penalty of 10 weeks suspension... AFLPA Legal and Player Affairs general manager James Gallagher said: “Under the code of conduct agreed between the AFL and the AFLPA, when the AFL sanctions a player for a breach of AFL rules, a club cannot also impose a sanction on the player”.'

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    AFLPA agrees.

I think to not get a kebab after you've been to a strip club would be downright un-Australian.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I am sure the club fulfilled its duty to inform the players of their responsibilities re co-vid restrictions. The players are not children, why would the club have to police them as if they were. They are not at a school camp, the co-vid environment requires everyone to act responsibly. These players deliberately chose to do what they did, despite the possible repercussions that they must have been aware of after Elijah Taylor stuffed up. This is a massive unexpected hit for the Richmond club, the Swans' penalty was bad enough. I would be wanting to share the financial load with these players too. Somehow the message has to get through. Obviously words, the example of suspensions of others, living under co-vid restrictions for months, has failed. Perhaps having to take some personal financial responsibility may be the only way!!

- Steve Hocking

A ‘club fine’, ‘everybody’s got ownership’ - including all the Richmond members who donated their membership fees for the season. And any staff members who lose their jobs as a result of the cut in next year’s soft cap.

Many losers from the very bad decisions made by two players.

Regular in the Side
    Very easy to make a bad decision at 3:30am. The first bad decision is being out at 3:30am just weeks out from finals. Would like to know more about the birthday drinks the rest of the Richmond players were having and what time that party wound up.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    A ‘club fine’, ‘everybody’s got ownership’ - including all the Richmond members who donated their membership fees for the season. And any staff members who lose their jobs as a result of the cut in next year’s soft cap.

Many losers from the very bad decisions made by two players.
    I assume the soft cap will be hit no matter who pays the fine.

I still find it hard to believe no-one realised they were out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Do we know whether the kebab was with the lot, or if they tipped the strippers? Because if the players failed those tests, they really should pay the fine