Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 vs Adelaide Cows

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Adam Curley mentioned Zac Williams who was not selected in the Giants’s senior team was going to play a NEAFL scratch match. Didn’t mention the opponent but there’s a good chance it will be the Swans you would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The team selection was another small window into the Swans' game plan going forward. It's about pace and trying to become more of a forward lock in team rather than just a good defensive rebound team. We don't want a lot of stoppages and midfield play, because we are not a good contested footy team atm.

We have a large group of quick agile players waiting in the wings, so if injury or form knock a few out of the current side, we have similar players to replace them without having to change our style of play.

PS: I haven't seen anything about what the 'reserves' players will be doing now that the NEAFL is not going ahead. Does anyone know? Do we schedule reserves matches with GWS, for example, just to keep the players' game form on track?
    Very interesting comment, Ludwig. You may be right.

I think it's likely that we will be playing scratch matches and, unlike with the Melbourne teams, GWS are pretty much the only opposition in town. Dimma was talking about organising scratch matches against other teams to give the rest of the 22 some match practice in his post-match presser last night. So I assume other clubs will be doing the same thing.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Anyone know if we are flying on a charter plane?
    I read in the Age that Harley said we have the plane to ourselves and our players can be seated spread out. At Sydney airport we will be isolated in a separate area and when we get to Adelaide we will be shuttled from the tarmac to the hotel. We have the entire floor of the hotel to ourselves.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I read in the Age that Harley said we have the plane to ourselves and our players can be seated spread out. At Sydney airport we will be isolated in a separate area and when we get to Adelaide we will be shuttled from the tarmac to the hotel. We have the entire floor of the hotel to ourselves.
    I usually travel this way actually, and can highly recommend it. Ending up in Adelaide can be a bit of downer though.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I usually travel this way actually, and can highly recommend it. Ending up in Adelaide can be a bit of downer though.
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    “I read in the Age that Harley said we have the plane to ourselves and our players can be seated spread out.”

What’s the point of that? They won’t be spread out on Adelaide Oval. This is becoming farcical.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    “I read in the Age that Harley said we have the plane to ourselves and our players can be seated spread out.”

What’s the point of that? They won’t be spread out on Adelaide Oval. This is becoming farcical.
    Unfortunately it's not farcical. One player gets it and the season is done for. In reality, it is likely a matter of time anyway. I've just come back from the US and we are in the same situation as them. Exponential growth for the next 6 to 7 days because we missed the window of taking it seriously. I'm going to enjoy this game while I can, win lose our draw.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post

They will be outside, though. The chance of picking it up from another, generally speaking, is greater indoors. Also, I can't see too much to lose by minimising risk where possible.

They just need to make a couple of rule changes e.g. defender must be no closer than 1.5 metres from his opponent including in a marking contest. If one player touches another it’s a free kick to the touchee. Only one ruckman allowed to contest a bounce etc

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Ronke is a star.
    I'm a huge believer in the Ronke but recently my faith has been tested. He's dead set lucky this time around I reckon.

I was surprised so many have picked the Crows but that must be just about the weakest Swans team selected for a decade - no disrespect, just a question of where the squad is at right now.

Senior Player
    Crowd taken out of the equation and with the tipsters against us I like our chances Swans by 27 points Sam Gray to kick 4 just because it’s the Crows

Veterans List
    The 3 games played so far have demonstrated that a good start is crucial. The shortened game time makes it harder to catch up. We have been slow to start in our 2 preseason games so I'm worried!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast