Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can you attend the next match?

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    GWS have just opened their ballot for 5,900 (25% of Giants Stadium capacity) tickets to their game against Hawthorn on
    Sunday evening. Priority is going to going to people who didn't request refunds and have higher levels of membership.
    You'd have to think the Swans will be doing the same pretty soon, just with more tickets available.
    5900 tickets, huh? Once all their members and supporters get their tickets in the ballot, what will GW$ do with the other 5000 tickets?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    5900 tickets, huh? Once all their members and supporters get their tickets in the ballot, what will GW$ do with the other 5000 tickets?
    I always remember going to a SCG game in 1992 against Fitzroy. They had a buy one ticket, get one free offer, but total attendance was
    still only about 7,000. We lost by about 10 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    I always remember going to a SCG game in 1992 against Fitzroy. They had a buy one ticket, get one free offer, but total attendance was
    still only about 7,000. We lost by about 10 goals.
    You do us a grave disservice KT. It was Round 16. There were over 7300 people there (closer to 7500 if you include the SCG staff, club staff & players, we lost by less than 9 goals and we were right in it ..... until the opening bounce.

You do us a grave disservice KT. It was Round 16. There were over 7300 people there (closer to 7500 if you include the SCG staff, club staff & players, we lost by less than 9 goals and we were right in it ..... until the opening bounce.
    And clearly you were not all upset by the experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Considering our winning games in 1992 were all dried up by round 8, not a lot could upset me by round 16.

If Iā€™m going to live in the past, take me back to the early 1930s. They might not have delivered too many premierships for 4 grand finals, but what a ride it would have been to see Pratt, Nash, Matthews & Co. in action!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I was okay with it. I went by myself and a bloke behind me in the queue approached me and said he would give me half the cost of whatever
    I paid if I gave him my bonus ticket. So I was a winner even before the game had started. Anyway eventually I tired of standing around
    in admittedly very short queues, and buoyed by the success of our incredible 1993 season, I became a reserved seat member in 1994
    and waited patiently for Plugger, Roos and Maxfield to show up the next year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Re next week's game against Melbourne - has anyone heard anything about how this will work?
    Will there be another ballot or a first in, best dressed arrangement? If 10,000 non-Victorian residents are allowed in I imagine there are limits on how many can sit in each area / stand / concourse etc?

And speaking of this ballot arrangement, I'm an 11 game red zone member. Can't say I ever received a ballot invitation. I'm guessing that the ballot offer was for reserved seat members only?

Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.
    There is an article on the swans site saying that only NSW residents will have access to the game. It says that more details on access will be communicated in the coming days. It doesn't say what level of membership will be eligible.

Senior Player
    yes thanks Mel, i saw that as well in the interim. All a bit vague but I'll check the site semi-frequently in the coming days. Be nice to see them play live again. Shame they keep forcing us to play at the SCG though. We're rubbish there.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    No game in Sydney this week as we are now playing West coast in QLD!

GWS are allowing all members to enter the ballot, irrespective whether they chose to donate 100% of membership or 50%. I know of at least 2 50% people who got tickets to the game.
    Very egalitarian of our little brother.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    GWS are allowing all members to enter the ballot, irrespective whether they chose to donate 100% of membership or 50%. I know of at least 2 50% people who got tickets to the game.
    That's only to make sure they get a decent number of spectators to attend the game!

Good news, Swans supporters living in QLD can buy tickets to the Eagles game šŸ˜Š.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    less the ā€œlittle brotherā€ than the placenta that gets tossed in the bin for mine

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast