Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 34

Thread: AFL Round 2 general discussion

  1. #13
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, on tonight's performance, he might soon be odds on for the rising star. His in close work is very impressive. Especially how he can ride the tackles from premiership midfielders and still get an effective disposal away.
    Enjoying the upset brewing. Hopefully the Suns will hang on.
    Suns did more than hang on 14.6 to 6.10 .

    Well done Stewey Dew. H’mmm makes me a bit nervous ..

  2. #14
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Suns did more than hang on 14.6 to 6.10 .

    Well done Stewey Dew. H’mmm makes me a bit nervous ..
    Rowell is going to be a top 5 player in the league. On the Gold Coast. Just signed a two year extension. Different times. It's going to be amusing watching the Melbourne pundits recalibrate

  3. #15
    Go Swannies! Site Admin Meg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Brewongle
    Posts
    4,246
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Rowell is going to be a top 5 player in the league. On the Gold Coast. Just signed a two year extension. Different times. It's going to be amusing watching the Melbourne pundits recalibrate
    And whinge about the extra picks Suns were given ...

  4. #16
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Blaxland
    Posts
    1,084
    It's teams such as Collingwood, Richmond, Hawthorn and Essendon that have benefited most from the Suns' and Giants' extra picks (while Carlton attempted to). There will be massive change if either the Suns or the Giants win a premiership in the coming seasons, but in the meantime things are trundling along nicely for the Melbourne powerhouses so the status quo will be maintained for now.

    Lovely to see WC, Hawthorn and Freo go down so far this weekend, and Collingwood blow yet another comfortable lead. Hopefully North get rolled, followed by a Bloods victory. Shaping up for a perfect weekend.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

  5. #17
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    5,320
    Delicious last night.

    Crows looking a rabble and getting thrashed with nothing bright on their horizon, fast fading senior players, no youngsters showing much, poor list.

    Suns, well that was compelling viewing, just the way they played, you can really see the depth of talent there. Have pulled all the right reins since Mark Evans and Stewie Dew arrived. Doubt there will be any more go home factor at the Suns, looks to be a very exciting place to be and no southern winter to suffer through!

    Next week, Suns versus Crows, that should be exceptionally delicious. Crows for the Wooden Spoon!

  6. #18

    What about us

    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Delicious last night.

    Crows looking a rabble and getting thrashed with nothing bright on their horizon, fast fading senior players, no youngsters showing much, poor list.

    Suns, well that was compelling viewing, just the way they played, you can really see the depth of talent there. Have pulled all the right reins since Mark Evans and Stewie Dew arrived. Doubt there will be any more go home factor at the Suns, looks to be a very exciting place to be and no southern winter to suffer through!

    Next week, Suns versus Crows, that should be exceptionally delicious. Crows for the Wooden Spoon!
    We were lucky to beat the crows. On that form it may be a very poor year for us. 15th place might be a luxury.

  7. #19
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    We were lucky to beat the crows. On that form it may be a very poor year for us. 15th place might be a luxury.
    Not long to wait to find out.

  8. #20
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Shows how much the AFL care about the long term affect of head trauma. Clearly a sling tackle regardless that Dangerfield played on. Can't wait for the next one to see the penalty.
    They incorrectly take into account whether the player has concussion. It shouldn't matter if the player is injured. On the footy show this morning they showed examples of sling tackles where the player was suspended and I thought the force of those tackles was less than Burgoyne's.

  9. #21
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Is the limited crowd at AO extremely vocal or is it a combination of the artificial crowd noise plus the spectators I wonder ? Either way it sounds much better / genuine than previous games I’ve watched this round with just the canned crowd noise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It looked like the crowd was seated in a couple of stands and I think they had microphones set up around them to increase the noise. It was nice to hear "BAAALL" and "BOOO" instead of the random cheering.

  10. #22
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Crowland :-(
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    We were lucky to beat the crows. On that form it may be a very poor year for us. 15th place might be a luxury.
    15th place, that would be pick 4 in the ND, should be a pick we can use before having to match Campbell. This will be the most interesting season ever with no one really having any idea where teams rate. After two rounds we only have three undefeated teams and no idea who will be in the eight or who will be cellar dwellers.

    We got beat by a kick with a number of players having shockers, just one of Buddy, Reid, Naismith would have got us over the line yesterday. Plenty of improvement to come but Norf next week? I watched a bit of their game against GWS, very impressive.

    On Rowbottom, I also don't see anything to get excited about at this stage, does the occasional nice thing but doesn't scream draft bargain to me. Ollie impresses me the more I see of him, making real progress now.

    Burgoyne decision is plain wrong, who have to penalise the action as one week minimum, add weeks for severity from there. AFL manages to stuff up so much that should be simple by trying to be too cute. The fact the player you sling tackle has a harder head than most shouldn't diminish the basic one game for the action.

  11. #23
    Its safe to conclude that our season completely rests on Naismith's fitness.

  12. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Its safe to conclude that our season completely rests on Naismith's fitness.
    Yep

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO