Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd. 3 vs North Melbourne

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Ronke played 80 minutes of game time in a match that ran for 3 20-minute quarters (according to the GWS report). Must have been a fair bit of time added on.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    We have to catch a plane to Melbourne with GW$ on Friday...
    They wait for us to finish on Saturday, then everyone flies back together.
    I'd love to be on that plane, sitting right next to Grubby Green.
    I have words I'd like to share with him.
    So what was your point, Annie?

Suspended by the MRP
    Minimal changes for mine. Straight swap Ronke for Gray. Longmire couldn't justify dropping one of the kids over a mature recruit who went completely missing.

Although I could see Clarke coming in for Rowbottom too.

Gray for Ronke
    Melican for Oriordon....Frees up Rampe, Mills or Alir to run more

Hayward for Ronke. Hayward is starting to remind me of Rose which isn't a good thing. Low possession players need to kick straight.

Suspended by the MRP
    Ralphy's write-up of the scratch match made for interesting reading. Strange the Swans media did not acknowledge the match at all, let alone report on it.

Sounds like there weren't many doors being bashed down.

Longmire would want to get Clarke and Ronke into the team, but I am not sure how he can do that without dropping Rowbottom. I was underwhelmed by his game but I'm unsure how the MC could single him out in a bevy of disappointing performances from the kids, and it sounds like draftees in Stephens and Warner wouldn't offer much more at the moment.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Where do the "to advantage" stats come from?
    Very puzzling. To my observation we got slaughtered out of the centre and Essendon got so much free ball and goals directly from centre clearances.

Veterans List
    Melican - please not him. Is slow, gives his man 10 metres on a lead and opposition players upfield single out his man to kick to.
    Gray - was he the bloke who wore no.15, hasn't shaved for some time and fell over a couple of times. Played like an over the hill hack that Eade would have recruited.
    Hayward - at best he is a soft, outside half forward flanker opportunist who occasionally gets lucky when a loose ball falls his way, and needs to look up meaning of the word, tackle. By the way he again missed a set shot against Essendon. Last year from the square (but he was reported as having a crook hip), this year from 30 out smack in front that again drifted to the right. He has had a poultice of chances. Drop him back to the practice matches to think about his future.

None of these players should be getting a game.

All Heeney wanted to do was take the mark of the year. Played from behind and Essendon simply plonked a couple of players in front of him to stop any chance of a launch. Devoid of leads, had poor defensive skills and played with bugger all energy. Might as well chuck him into the guts to make him work or play him back and put Mills into the centre.

No idea who comes in. It is almost a wasted season for Stephens, Gould and Warner. Might as well play a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Melican - please not him. Is slow, gives his man 10 metres on a lead and opposition players upfield single out his man to kick to.
    Gray - was he the bloke who wore no.15, hasn't shaved for some time and fell over a couple of times. Played like an over the hill hack that Eade would have recruited.
    Hayward - at best he is a soft, outside half forward flanker opportunist who occasionally gets lucky when a loose ball falls his way, and needs to look up meaning of the word, tackle. By the way he again missed a set shot against Essendon. Last year from the square (but he was reported as having a crook hip), this year from 30 out smack in front that again drifted to the right. He has had a poultice of chances. Drop him back to the practice matches to think about his future.

None of these players should be getting a game.

All Heeney wanted to do was take the mark of the year. Played from behind and Essendon simply plonked a couple of players in front of him to stop any chance of a launch. Devoid of leads, had poor defensive skills and played with bugger all energy. Might as well chuck him into the guts to make him work or play him back and put Mills into the centre.

No idea who comes in. It is almost a wasted season for Stephens, Gould and Warner. Might as well play a couple of them.
    Agree of Gray and Hayward, Will especially I don’t think has progressed at all in his time with us. Probably the opposite , his first season was his best I believe. Gray probably deserves another crack before being written off.

I never thought of Melican as slow, remember him being a pretty decent mover for a big guy actually. When he’s up and going he’s in our 22 no doubt, in saying that i haven’t minded what Brand has shown so far.

Tad harsh on Heeney , although it was a stinker of a game from him. Couldn’t even pick the ball up ! He did try to take mark of the year several times yes, but that was the only choice available time him with the way the ball was continuously sent into the forward line. Long and high every time. No one once tried to hit put the ball to space or hit him up on a lead , and there was simply no space most of the time to allow an effective lead anyway . The F50 was way too crowded. Other forward line Players should have been moving higher and wider to allow space for leads but everyone was just cramming into the forward line in the hot zone 20-30 out from goal and not really moving around. Was really amateur stuff, but I guess it was a rather inexperienced forward line so maybe that’s what you get!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 isn't our year to win it + with no NEAFL we need to pump some games into the new draftees and see who is any good.

In: Gould, Stephens, Warner
    Out: Gray, Rowbottom, Hayward

Brand needs a good game, otherwise Melican should come in for him.

Cunningham should swap with Mills. Cunningham our lockdown defender and Mills on a wing. Gould to play half back and free up Dawson.

Suspended by the MRP
    The question I would pose to the match selection committee is how many more games where the Lizard and Hayward are non-factors are we willing to accept?

Throw Tommy McCartin in while we're at it.

I’m stunned the AFL has left us with no means of getting games into players outside the 22. It is in danger of being a wasted year for many players.

Looked at the stats from Sunday, Hewett only 60% TOG, maybe he’s not quite fit yet . Makes me think he’s not going to be up to tagging.

Not sure if Clarke is the answer but someone has to take Higgins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    The question I would pose to the match selection committee is how many more games where the Lizard and Hayward are non-factors are we willing to accept?

Throw Tommy McCartin in while we're at it.
    Who would you replace them with given their height?