Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd. 4 vs Western Bulldogs

I find it impossible to make concrete proposed changes without knowing how the players outside the 22 are performing. However, I offer these thoughts:

* McCartin looked pretty clearly concussed during last game, although it was encouraging he walked off the field and seemed ok. No way would I play him - give him a week off.

* if Naismith is fit, he comes in. I would then omit one of Sinclair or McLean - all three of them is too much. Perhaps a case can be made the other way with McCartin going out there's room for another tall. But for mine Sinclair and McLean aren't performing so well that we need them both as well as Naismith. If Naismith is not fit, then they stay.

* I'm inclined to stick with the forward set-up we have, including Hayward and Gray who are underperforming a little bit. They were both improved this week and I'd like to give them the chance to continue to improve again. The caveat would be if Ronke is banging down the door.

* My preference would be to bring in a KPD to assist Aliir and Rampe - one of Brand/Melican/Maibaum or even Gould (although I'm not sure he is ready to play as a KPD yet, maybe more as a 3rd tall). If Brand is not fit, and the others aren't showing enough at the moment, then bring back McInerney or blood Stephens.

I'd love to know more about how most of the players outside the 22 are going: Ling? Stoddart? Stephens? Gould? Warner? Melican? Bell? etc. etc.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    In his post match news conference, Longmire intimated that we needed to get game time into some more of our younger players. I won't suggest who that might be, only I expect either another debutant this week or perhaps someone like Stoddart or Clarke to come in.

I would suggest that either Sinkers or Naismith plays, but not both. Either Brand or Melican come in for the concussed McCartin. And a new face in place of Sam Gray, but hard to say who that might be as the list of possibilities is long.
    Interesting. I interpreted those comments as a justification of his sticking by the young team that went down to Essendon when a handful of them could've been dropped.

Oriordan has has 13 Touches in 2 weeks.
    We need to do something with the back line cos we arent getting enough run and possession out of there.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by waswan View Post
    Oriordan has has 13 Touches in 2 weeks.
    We need to do something with the back line cos we arent getting enough run and possession out of there.
    Will Gould

Why aren’t the reserves allowed to play and the Ones are ?
    (Didn’t receive the memo)

Senior Player
    McCartin a definite out. Naismith a maybe.

McCartin ruled out of Dogs clash

Brand Melican Naismith Stephens
    Oriordon Mccartin Gray Mclean

Harry to JJ
    Wilbur to the Wing

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You'd think with the lack of match practice the reserves are getting, that there will be minimal changes most weeks.
    Alternatively they may rotate 4-5 players a week to keep a good crop of players game-ready. I suspect that the approach you suggested is more likely.

My ins: Naismith, Brand
    My outs: McCartin (concussed), Sinclair

Hayward very lucky. McLean to play mostly FWD, helping Naismith in the ruck.

My interpretation of Charlie Gardiner's quoted comments are that Brand is going well with his recovery but won't be ready this week: McCartin ruled out of Dogs clash. He said:

“Kaiden has pulled up quite well after sustaining the injury in our main training session last week and not being available to play against North Melbourne,” Gardiner said. “He has surprised us and is feeling good this week, so hopefully we can progress his recovery this week and he doesn’t miss too much football."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Interesting. I interpreted those comments as a justification of his sticking by the young team that went down to Essendon when a handful of them could've been dropped.
    Yep, I agree with you TheBloods. I thought Horse was clearly referring to selection ahead of the round 3 match. That said, the same thoughts will continue to apply going forward including for selection for round 4.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Why aren’t the reserves allowed to play and the Ones are ?
    (Didn’t receive the memo)
    We're only allowed to play a scratch match with GWS each week, however as we were both playing away there was no match scheduled. We are at a disadvantage because Victorian teams can play against each other and the teams in the QLD hub can play each other.

The dogs will be without Josh Dunkley for our game ( and the next 5-6 ) with a syndesmosis injury, that helps our cause a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast