Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd. 4 vs Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    The dogs will be without Josh Dunkley for our game ( and the next 5-6 ) with a syndesmosis injury, that helps our cause a bit.
    From what I have seen of Dunkley this year, we sure did stuff up by not taking a harder line and taking him in the draft. Gun. Looks like Parker Jnr.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    From what I have seen of Dunkley this year, we sure did stuff up by not taking a harder line and taking him in the draft. Gun. Looks like Parker Jnr.
    A worse mistake than the Mitchell trade for mine.

Warming the Bench
    We're playing on Thursday night so our players will only get a 5 day break. The Bull-flogs get a 6 day break.

We have the interrupted season, no NEAFL and 16 minute quarters. This must create some headaches for the SC. Do they minimise changes to get some continuity into the senior side or do they try and get games into guys who are ready for senior footy. It's not an easy call to make. History tells us the SC will err on the side of caution but occasionally they spring a surprise on us.

Melican, Stoddart, Clarke, Bell, Gould, Stevens, Ling, Warner, McInerney, Thurlow?

Who knows?

When will they announce the team? Tomorrow evening?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Even his second half of last year ( haven’t watched much of him so far this year ) was brilliant. Stole a few Brownlow votes from the Bont !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    A worse mistake than the Mitchell trade for mine.
    Imagine if we still had Mitchell and had drafted Dunkley? Parker, Kennedy, Mitchell and Dunkley would be an unstoppable ball winning combo kicking it to a fit Buddy and Tippett - would've been a dynasty.

Veterans List
    In hindsight yes......but I think the club actually had some foresight on this, with his bitter and twisted Daddy in the wings. We may well have developed him nicely, only to have him slink back home into Daddy's arms when his value rose.
    On the other hand, we could have played hardball and forced Daddy to attend some Swans games to watch his son play in the hope he'd fall in love with our club again....but I wouldn't have been holding my breath on that possibility and I don't think the club were prepared to either.....
    The problem lies with a bitter and beligerant former player.....which has deprived us of a very decent player.......unfortunately. He probably thinks the 2016 GF was fairly umpired......not my favourite former Swan by a long way.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Imagine if we still had Mitchell and had drafted Dunkley? Parker, Kennedy, Mitchell and Dunkley would be an unstoppable ball winning combo kicking it to a fit Buddy and Tippett - would've been a dynasty.
    Good players but all one paced. Need two of the 5 to have speed. Florent and Stephens?

Don't forget to leave out Florent and Dawson from your dream. Granted, Mitchell and Dunkley are stars, but we did get some fair compo in return.

A fit Buddy and Tippett? That dream is lingering on a very long time. Don't wake up too soon. You'll find almost everything has changed, except at Essendon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Don't forget to leave out Florent and Dawson from your dream. Granted, Mitchell and Dunkley are stars, but we did get some fair compo in return.

A fit Buddy and Tippett? That dream is lingering on a very long time. Don't wake up too soon. You'll find almost everything has changed, except at Essendon.
    It's a good dream that unfortunately never happened! Especially the fit Buddy / Tippett combo. Don't get me wrong though, pretty happy with how our midfield is shaping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I saw a recent photo of Tippett just the other day - looking pretty fit .... I guess doing lots of surfing and not having his head bashed into the ground by Mummy helps with that.

Veterans List
    If we'd drafted Dunkley we wouldn't have Dawson as his pick would have been part of the points for Dunkley. Mitchell is basically a straight swap for Florent.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast