Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AFL Round 4 general discussion

Senior Player
    As Ugg says Tom Green's last five or ten minutes when there was just a few points in it was pretty impressive.
    Especially in traffic, his disposal and ability to get out of trouble was excellent. I think he had seven clearances,
    the highest in the game. Not bad for a guy who has only played a few games. Toby was probably BOG.

Veterans List
    I'll try that again.....St Kilda are doing OK against Richmond. 11 points up at half time.....can they hang on? All former Swans going nicely....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He's Toby Greene , deedle eedle eedle um
    With an extra 'e', deedle eedle eedle um
    Wherever he goes through rain and snow
    The people always let him know:
    There's Toby Greene, deedle eedle eedle um
    With his extra 'e' deedle eedle eedle um
    Thanks Rolf

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'll try that again.....St Kilda are doing OK against Richmond. 11 points up at half time.....can they hang on? All former Swans going nicely....
    The ex-Swans are going well and it's a very entertaining game. Free flowing and lots of goals.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Richmond and West Coast are on the wane. It's a pretty open competition.

Senior Player
    Looks like the Suns came home strong again. All tied at 8.2 each end of the third, Suns added 2.2 to Freo 0.1.

Apparently the first ever VFL/AFL game with no behinds to half-time (7.0 to 6.0).

I might be getting on the Suns bandwagon at this rate!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We are ahead of the reigning premiers on the ladder

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Looks like the Suns came home strong again. All tied at 8.2 each end of the third, Suns added 2.2 to Freo 0.1.

Apparently the first ever VFL/AFL game with no behinds to half-time (7.0 to 6.0).

I might be getting on the Suns bandwagon at this rate!
    Yes, I'm getting tempted to go to a Suns game. That is, a Suns game in which they're not playing the Swans. Assuming that the restrictions will be lifted far enough, to allow non-members into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    We are ahead of the reigning premiers on the ladder
    Yep and West Coast , Geelong and the Dogs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Yep and West Coast , Geelong and the Dogs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I'm getting tempted to go to a Suns game. That is, a Suns game in which they're not playing the Swans. Assuming that the restrictions will be lifted far enough, to allow non-members into the ground.
    Did anyone else see the end of Blues Bombers game? 50 metres against Eddie Betts unfathomable to me. Would be mayhem if it cost them the game.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Did anyone else see the end of Blues Bombers game? 50 metres against Eddie Betts unfathomable to me. Would be mayhem if it cost them the game.
    Yes, mrs d and I watched it and were completely bamboozled, and such a relief when the Blues hung on. We saw Eddie chatting afterwards with one of the umps and he obviously disagreed with the ruling. In fact he could have been protesting a 50 metre that went nearer to 60! Didn't there used to be a point in the game when umps would put the whistle away?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Yes, mrs d and I watched it and were completely bamboozled, and such a relief when the Blues hung on. We saw Eddie chatting afterwards with one of the umps and he obviously disagreed with the ruling. In fact he could have been protesting a 50 metre that went nearer to 60! Didn't there used to be a point in the game when umps would put the whistle away?
    Couldn't understand when Eddy got blocked to the ground with a bomber player in front of him. When I heard the whistle, I was sure he was going to get a free. Totally bewildering.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast