Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 5 Vs West Coast Eagles

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And just to make our height challenges even bigger, apparently Melican did a groin

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    And just to make our height challenges even bigger, apparently Melican did a groin
    Really? Well we are in real strife! Aliir back to defence! Amartey to debut!

What's another kick in the guts is us struggling in a time when there is going to be basically no junior footy so we'll be drafting high with less exposed form.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    [QUOTE =Nico;795860]That's because he was knackered. I thought he worked hard all game like Rowbottom. Those 2 boys were competing right to the end.
    Agreed. That’s the beauty of playing kids. The effort is there. We need more of it.[/QUOTE]

I was also impressed with Rowbottom and McInerney's efforts. They are part of our future.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Could not agree more, this comment puts the Swans situation in real perspective
    Hear, hear. We have no fit ruckmen and our forward line is lacking any height at all. McLean competes and is a good mark, he shows promise but he’s played 7 games. We’re rebuilding, and it will take time. After last week the Eagles were always going to have a point to prove, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Do you think he and Bruce actually make 'Guitar Solo' faces when commentating?
    No idea but I genuinally thought the screen would go white at some stage and a 'technical difficulties' message would appear
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think you may be right re Heeney and Mills to the midfield. What is there to lose! It is too much for JPK and Parkes who no doubt are the first to be covered by the opposition and having Hewett tagging someone, where is the inside grunt coming from except for Rowbottom? I was disappointed with Florent today, he along with Lloyd and Cunningham, make that most of the others, are so easily pushed off the ball, out of the marking contest, guard space rather than getting in front or putting the body on the line. We had no effective talls today. What has happened to Dawson, he is a shadow of how he was playing at the end of last year and what does one say about Aliir, Blakey, Hayward and Melican!

I know the team was very undermanned today so it is probably amazing that we weren't smashed. When so many players have to be pushed around the ground so much, all the lines are unsettled and instead of playing confident football, the less experienced ones are either too concerned about where they should be and who the should be picking up or who should be going for the ball or be at the feet etc,.and the more experienced ones have to look after their team mates as well as the opposition. I give a tick today to Rowbottom and McInerney, they weren't perfect but they were giving what I like to see. Papley and Heeney, along with Parkes were doing their best and Rampe and Mills just didn't have enough support in the backline. Today we just didn't have enough experienced, in form players on the ground to carry the rest, against a good team which played well. What a difference even just Sinclair would have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Agreed. That’s the beauty of playing kids. The effort is there. We need more of it.
    I was also impressed with Rowbottom and McInerney's efforts. They are part of our future.[/QUOTE]

I have said time and time again how good I think Rowbottom is. McInerney is an interesting one. Does some good stuff, but decision making seems below par at this stage. Definitely worth perservering with however.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Hear hear. It's an absolute must that they get more midfield time from now on. Heeney especially thrives on the contest and is not a full forward. He needs to be given more opportunities to shape the game in the middle, and deliver more passes like that into the 50.

And Hayward can have a rest. He's stinking it up this year.
    I think starting Hayward back next week, right from the start, is the best move. Preferably 20 rows back in the stand.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    ....and the Suns are getting flogged to boot. Time to see how much fortitude they have.
    Yet in the blink of an eye.......
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Yet in the blink of an eye.......
    True....it appears they have some fortitude after all.😁

Undermanned and out of position and injuries blah blah blah.

We have passengers getting games over kids, one is a top 5 pick. In the age of entitlement these guys need games.

Ronke, Cunningham, COR, Hayward, Gray..... How exactly are they holding out anyone. 10 possessions from an experienced player (consistently) may mean they deserve to be overlooked.

Harry C in the side as a run with ? Why, let a kid do that.

Stephens has the biggest tank at the club

Senior Player
    So for season 2020 we've lost Smith, Grundy, McVeigh and Melican from the backline, Franklin, Reid and McCartin atm from the forward line, we have no ruckmen left, we have multiple players down on form. We have played some poor quarters but in the main we've been competitive. I question whether now is the ideal time to be bringing in debutants en masse. Maybe a staggered process would be better at the moment, and hope the incumbents play themselves into some form as others slowly return from injury. The best we can do is to stem the tide.

We could also do with some good luck.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast