Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Out: Gray, Ronke, Hayward
    In: McCartin, Warner and either Brand (if available) or Gould or Stephens or Stoddart or Foot (if not available).

Does taking three small forwards out all at once mean we can no longer apply enough pressure in the front half? I'm thinking Warner can play forward and apply some of that pressure. Not as quick and good at goal scoring but a great tackler and can help us in the forward 50 contests and locking the ball in.

I'm coming round to the idea of just playing the kids that are our future. Would be nice to be able to put a bit more experience around them, but that doesn't currently seem to be a luxury that we have.

How long until Reid and Brand return? Buddy's still a way off. Naismith probably never coming back. Sinclair could be a while. No clue what's happening with Ling and Maibaum. Last I heard they were still on our list.

What's the minimum amount of time we have to give O'Connor to learn the game before setting him loose?

Right now I'm feeling pathetically grateful to have a journeyman like Cunningham, and even more so for a decent player like Hewett.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    If we keep losing, at some point the 'changes for next week thread' is going to make an appearance before the end of the game.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    My frustration with Grey, Ronke and when he played Taylor is the lack of forward pressure they apply. I’ll cop them being on the low possession side if they are pinging blokes with tackles. But they don’t.

Until they do, don’t play them.

Veterans List
    Melican groin injury?

Time to look at a couple of the kids, Gould is physically ready, played really well against men in the SANFL and was good in the Premiership for Glenelg, just play him. Warner is a hard hitting tackling machine from summer reports, just play him.

If we are looking for forward pressure and goal kicking nous then Elijiah Taylor & Sam Wicks plus James Bell would need to be considered.

If we are looking for defensive run the Stoddart, Ling Rowles.

I looking for key position players then Maibaum and Brand.

Tough tackling mids and backs then Gould, Warner & Reynolds.

Fast mids Stephens and Rowles.

I have not included Lewis Taylor

We need to move on from some of the players who have long been considered walk up starters. We need to blood younger players and also stop considering trades as starters.

We are not in contention for a top 8 spot on our form in the last two weeks. So play the Young blokes. Try Maibaum. I know the argument that will come back is: it's no good putting young blokes out on the park just to get blown away. We'll I can't think that they would be any worse than the players we are putting on the park now. After all most of them are far more naturally talented than many already out there. Oh and I would play 'Grassy' Knoll

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Surely giving players like Gould, Warner and Stephens a run cannot hurt.

I would bring in these three for Gray, Ronke and Clarke.

Goes up to 11
    No point taking a pick 5 then sitting them on the sidelines.....

Warming the Bench
    gray,taylor and ronke are a waste of salary cap. others are at least having a go. time for some kids to play
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

I think we need to face the fact that we are not going to come anywhere near winning the flag this year. Taking into account the cancellation of Neafl, Covid and it's effect on the integrity of season 2020 and the shortened quarters, we MUST get game time into our youngsters for their development.

As I mentioned before, there are many who will not be driving us to our next flag. If we are to be a threat, our 2017, 2018 and 2019 draftees need to kick on and the only way they will do this is with game time. Training and scratch matches will do nothing. For our next game, I would start with Gould and Stephens. They might play stinkers but that will be little change to what a few of our current team are doing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Out: Gray, Ronke, Hayward
    In: McCartin, Warner and either Brand (if available) or Gould or Stephens or Stoddart or Foot (if not available).

Does taking three small forwards out all at once mean we can no longer apply enough pressure in the front half? I'm thinking Warner can play forward and apply some of that pressure. Not as quick and good at goal scoring but a great tackler and can help us in the forward 50 contests and locking the ball in.

I'm coming round to the idea of just playing the kids that are our future. Would be nice to be able to put a bit more experience around them, but that doesn't currently seem to be a luxury that we have.

How long until Reid and Brand return? Buddy's still a way off. Naismith probably never coming back. Sinclair could be a while. No clue what's happening with Ling and Maibaum. Last I heard they were still on our list.

What's the minimum amount of time we have to give O'Connor to learn the game before setting him loose?

Right now I'm feeling pathetically grateful to have a journeyman like Cunningham, and even more so for a decent player like Hewett.
    These are generally my thoughts. Such a bummer that we don't have more reserves games to get these lads some footy. Looks like no scratch match this weekend. (Can anyone text barracuda?)

I don't think there's much point continuing to play Gray, Ronke, Clarke and O'Riordan. Time to roll the dice on some other players. It's at least time for Warner - Rowbottom and McInerney have shown the benefit of playing young kids who have a crack.

Melican is injured. Brand was listed as 'two weeks' on Tuesday.

I think Lewis Taylor offers more than Gray.

Not at all realistic, I know it's laughable, but whatever:

OUT: Gray, Ronke, Clarke, O'Riordan, Melican
    In: Lewis Taylor, Foot, Warner, Stoddart, McCartin (playing defence)

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    These are generally my thoughts. Such a bummer that we don't have more reserves games to get these lads some footy. Looks like no scratch match this weekend. (Can anyone text barracuda?)

I don't think there's much point continuing to play Gray, Ronke, Clarke and O'Riordan. Time to roll the dice on some other players. It's at least time for Warner - Rowbottom and McInerney have shown the benefit of playing young kids who have a crack.

Melican is injured. Brand was listed as 'two weeks' on Tuesday.

I think Lewis Taylor offers more than Gray.

Not at all realistic, I know it's laughable, but whatever:

OUT: Gray, Ronke, Clarke, O'Riordan, Melican
    In: Lewis Taylor, Foot, Warner, Stoddart, McCartin (playing defence)
    Why would you bring Lewis Taylor back in when he had 5 disposals in each of his last two outings. I would produce youth. Forget has beens

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

I'd love to see a formal rotation policy. Estqblish a core group and actively rotate our youngers players around it. Those that step up could be added to the core group (occasionally). Would avoid us getting shallakings but provide all players with motivation to stay fit and motivated. Would ensure we don't have our reserves rotting in obscurity. Salvage something from this lamentable mess.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast