Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Changes for Round 6 v Richmond Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    the style of footy that the AFL has at the moment probably lends itself to tackling machines like Warner

Will be interesting - but I suspect we see him tagging and learning as per most introductions to Snr footy

welcome Mad Dog Warner

YouTube
    I’m calling him “Hanging Chad” hope he’ll be hanging off Martin all game Sunday

Not sure if Sportsbet knows something we don’t but Lewy Taylor is pretty short odds in the ‘anytime goal scorer’ market.... interesting considering he’s not named in the team !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Hayward just keeps flying under the radar. Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Crashed into the mountainside more likely....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Hayward just keeps flying under the radar. He's a shadow of the player he was 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    An absolute blight on Longmire, love Will but doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the seniors this week

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m calling him “Hanging Chad” hope he’ll be hanging off Martin all game Sunday
    I’m not keen for a first game player to be on Dusty. He would be destroyed!!

George is the man for Dusty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    An absolute blight on Longmire, love Will but doesn’t deserve to be anywhere near the seniors this week
    I think they are giving him a few games off half back to see how he goes. Went ok there against the Dogs so worth another shot.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I have no idea whether there was ever any truth to the "Coaches pet" tag Hayward has been lumbered with.
    When I first heard it, I assumed it was a one off piece of locker room banter (it sounds like something out of a primary school playground).

But whether or not it had any substance in the first place, the sheer number of times it's been repeated has turned it into a genuine meme.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Mcinerney a little stiff, certainly shown a bit so far this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We certainly missed his energy and effort today.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You're not the only one, MattW, who has singled out O'Riordan for demotion, but I don't see a compelling reason for dropping him. He is down from last year, especially the attacking part of his game. I feel that he's been instructed to focus on his defence first and rebuild his confidence after last year's injury. He was making very good progress last year before he got injured. I don't see why he can't continue on that course. I think he's heading to be be our lock down small defender. It will take time to learn to control some of the most talented players in the comp. I don't envy a player in that role.

I also would love to see Stoddart get a game, but rather replacing Mills so that Mills can finally play midfield.
    Just wanted to acknowledge you were right and I was wrong about O'Riordan. He played a good game yesterday and we can't afford to discard guys who show his endeavour without giving him a fair chance to develop and without there being a better option to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Just wanted to acknowledge you were right and I was wrong about O'Riordan. He played a good game yesterday and we can't afford to discard guys who show his endeavour without giving him a fair chance to develop and without there being a better option to replace him.
    Yes, a couple of times yesterday, I applauded the efforts of O'Riordan, in brief passages of play, were he probably wouldn't have got a stat. Both times were on the wing, and each time he harassed a Richmond player into losing possession, then ran through a shepherd to force the next opponent over the boundary. Both times shutting down potential danger.

'Pretty bad' injuries hit star Swans, Dimma laments 'farcical' footy

"They had no chance of scoring" dimma re the swans

only scored from two 50m free's was his response
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213