Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFL Round Seven - General Discussion

Senior Player

AFL Round Seven - General Discussion

it feels like there's an increasing number of Victorian teams that I cannot abide winning. Games like tonight's Essendon v Bulldogs pose a dilemma accordingly.

But reading a headline today pondering whether Essendon are the best team in the comp decided it. Go Dogs (ouch).

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    it feels like there's an increasing number of Victorian teams that I cannot abide winning. Games like tonight's Essendon v Bulldogs pose a dilemma accordingly.

But reading a headline today pondering whether Essendon are the best team in the comp decided it. Go Dogs (ouch).
    One of those games when you wish there could be two losers.

To be fair, though, the first quarter has been highly entertaining.

Don't like the Bombers for a number of reasons but will never forgive the Bulldogs for 2016 so am leaning towards Essendon.

Senior Player
    We will always have the 96 Prelim (where they were 12 pts up with a couple mins to go) over Essendon whereas we were
    robbed in 2016 by the Dogs & their playing umpires, so I'd be supporting the Bombers if I cared. Which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

But reading a headline today pondering whether sEssendon are the best team in the comp decided it. Go Dogs (ouch).
    Bombers best team in the comp? Something that hasn't entered my head for a long, long time.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Bombers best team in the comp? Something that hasn't entered my head for a long, long time.
    And the way they're going at the moment, it won't enter your head for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    And the way they're going at the moment, it won't enter your head for a long time to come.
    Well, to be honest, it entered my head for a few seconds. Just long enough to conclude, 'no, that can't be right'. Didn't want to think too much about who is, because I'm fairly sure that it isn't us.

Veterans List
    Umpiring. On Friday there was one free for a player running through the mark which I thought was very unfair given that it appears to happen almost every time a player has a free or mark. Happened to Stephens today when he came from behind to take the mark, yet Gold Coast were in, ran past or ran into the protected zone so many times.

Compared to teams like Lions and Suns North Melbourne seem to have an unfair lack of talent. How are they meant to contend for a flag with such an average list?

Is Mab Chol the best Sudanese Australian player in the game at the moment? I think he might be. Although there's not a lot of competition at the moment.

Watching Hawthorn against Melbourne, it seems like we could easily beat them next week.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Watching Hawthorn against Melbourne, it seems like we could easily beat them next week.
    I'd love to think so but wouldn't never dare to say so out loud. Hawthorn are our kryptonite!

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'd love to think so but wouldn't never dare to say so out loud. Hawthorn are our kryptonite!
    Too late. I have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast