Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Round 7 Vs Gold Coast Sun

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Upset? That's funny. Second last....isn't the spoon. There you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    100% but I bet he starts down back next week...

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    I predict Mills to the midfield next week.

I loved the effort today - the attack on the ball and the intensity was great. Disposal let us down, but they are a young group.

As much as we were slaughtered in clearances, particularly early, it was nice to see someone compete in the ruck - it sets a standard.

Midfield coach needs a G up.
    Combination and tap in the centre are one thing, how most sides can walk away, in numbers, from a ballup around the ground against us is alarming

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    In all fairness to Blakey, he does have an elbow issue.
    Has he had it for the past 6 weeks ? And if he has, sort it out in the practice games. He’s contributed nothing since round 1. All at sea. Mercifully , they need to drop him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    100% but I bet he starts down back next week...

He will , and I will pull more of my hair out when he does. If we’re playing a youth heavy side we’re obviously planning for the future. So play Mills in the bloody guts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Well. We've just slipped up to third last.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Well. We've just slipped up to third last.
    I know! North putting up stiff competition for the #2 pick

Senior Player
    I didn't think it was a dreadful loss. Can't fault the effort from most of them, just lacking the execution.

Very much enjoyed Hayward's goal (and Papley's celebration of it!). Papley is always good, Parker was great, Allir's forward cameo was alright. Funny when he tried to pass it off, then slotted it no problem anyway.

Thought ET showed enough, enjoyed seeing him in action and hope to see more.

Keep reminding myself - this is just where the team is at now. Improvement through the season is all I'm hoping for.

Really enjoyed most of that. The future is bright.

Senior Player
    Parker really led from the front today. Outstanding.

Hayward played his best game for a couple of years, which was probably the best part of the day. I thought Clarke, Hewett and Cunningham showed good endeavour.

Stoddart won enough of it to be persevered with while he develops the confidence to deliver better, which we know he can.

Elijah showed bit of his talent and a bit of hardness too. Has to be retained if his ankle is ok.

But Blakey has to be spelled. There isn't even a question. He's barely playing and is getting beaten easily in most contests. I think it's a bit too soon for Warner too, who looks a little overwhelmed by it. What's going on with Florent? Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I predict Mills to the midfield next week.
    I really hope you're right! It feels like the right time! We were severely outmatched there today against an average midfield at best!

Suspended by the MRP
    The game went about as expected, with the pleasant surprise of Hayward rediscovering his touch and ET showing some promise on debut.

As I have said many times, anyone who thinks Florent and Rowbottom are the future of our midfield are in for a rude awakening. There is no more damning statement than being moved out of the midfield after doing nothing all game.

How can we clone Parker four times over?