Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 8 v Hawthorn

Having read barracuda's scratch match report, I'm thinking maybe give Bell a run. Probably at Warner's expense. Squizzy is a fair alternative.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Having read barracuda's scratch match report, I'm thinking maybe give Bell a run. Probably at Warner's expense. Squizzy is a fair alternative.
    Agree; that's the second time barracuda has positively reviewed Bell's game and suggested he's provided some hit.

On reflection, I think get L. Taylor and Bell both in for Blakey and Warner. We're a bit light and I'm not sure McInerney is addressing that.

Regular in the Side
    Candidates for out: O'Roirdan(injured), Stoddart (worst AFL Player Rating Points in the game yesterday, played only 65% of the time, just more than O'Roirdan), Warner and Blakey
    Candidates for in:
    Maibaum, Bell, Lewis Taylor, Reid, Wicks, Foot ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Out Blakey COR Warner
    In Reid Squizzy Gould
    I like this , maybe Maibaum over Reid though if he’s not quite ready . Would also be nice to see Bell rewarded for some consistent reserves level footy, but not sure at who’s expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Candidates for out: O'Roirdan(injured), Stoddart (worst AFL Player Rating Points in the game yesterday, played only 65% of the time, just more than O'Roirdan), Warner and Blakey
    Candidates for in:
    Maibaum, Bell, Lewis Taylor, Reid, Wicks, Foot ...
    Actually Stoddart was ranked 10th with 57 points. He had 16 possessions. He did have 6 clangers (same as Mills). It was noticeable that he often kicked directly to the opposition, but most of those were under heavy pressure. I think he's coming along okay, but needs to find a way to deal with the pressure other than just kicking wildly just to get the ball out of his hands. It's not unusual for inexperienced players to take time to get used to the speed of the game. This will be particularly true this season, due to reductions in training and match practice.

Agree that Warner and Blakey should be dropped.

Interesting one for Warner as he’s being played totally out of position for an inside mid as a pressure forward. Had 16 pressure acts (ranked 5).

Is it better to bring in Taylor for the short term or keep playing Warner for the long term?

I think the club has already decided this year is a write off and to “play the kids”

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Actually Stoddart was ranked 10th with 57 points. He had 16 possessions. He did have 6 clangers (same as Mills). It was noticeable that he often kicked directly to the opposition, but most of those were under heavy pressure. I think he's coming along okay, but needs to find a way to deal with the pressure other than just kicking wildly just to get the ball out of his hands. It's not unusual for inexperienced players to take time to get used to the speed of the game. This will be particularly true this season, due to reductions in training and match practice.

Agree that Warner and Blakey should be dropped.
    Stoddart's 16 possessions were the most he's gathered in his 6 game career, beating last week's 10.

I would also like to see him be given a chance to show his can improve his disposal in games. I don't see the point in dropping him now. I'd love to see him run more, too.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Actually Stoddart was ranked 10th with 57 points. He had 16 possessions. He did have 6 clangers (same as Mills).
    - that 57 points is AF - Fantasy Points / Dream Team Points. Not the Rating Points (From Twitter) I referred to, which focused on effectiveness, pressure and impact to the game results. In fact, his disposal efficiency was the lowest of the team - just 43.8% and had just 1 tackle! Stoddart played 2 games in 2018, 2 games in 2019 and now 2 games again in 2020 and only improved a little. I think we should give a chance to the others to show if they can do better. By the way, his Super Coach Points ranked 18th in the team, just better than ET, Warner, Blakey and O'Rio. Below I'll post the Rating Points I referred to.

Veterans List

- that 57 points is AF - Fantasy Points / Dream Team Points. Not the Rating Points (From Twitter) I referred to, which focused on effectiveness, pressure and impact to the game results. In fact, his disposal efficiency was the lowest of the team - just 43.8% and had just 1 tackle! Stoddart played 2 games in 2018, 2 games in 2019 and now 2 games again in 2020 and only improved a little. I think we should give a chance to the others to show if they can do better. By the way, his Super Coach Points ranked 18th in the team, just better than ET, Warner, Blakey and O'Rio. Below I'll post the Rating Points I referred to.
    Who would you replace him with (not also that O'Riordan is an expected out)?

Regular in the Side

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Who would you replace him with (not also that O'Riordan is an expected out)?
    I hope Bell can do a better job or at least he should be given a chance to prove that.

Regular in the Side
    or go to https://twitter.com/aflplayerrating?lang=en

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast