Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 8 v Hawthorn

I think if Blakey can't perform with McCartin and Reid in the side, then he probably should be dropped / given a different role. Although when you watch on the TV it's a lot harder to see who's doing what.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think if Blakey can't perform with McCartin and Reid in the side, then he probably should be dropped / given a different role. Although when you watch on the TV it's a lot harder to see who's doing what.
    Agree on the first point, last chance. Second point I don’t feel applies to Blakey. He’s playing forward / wing, he’s not playing shut down or tagging roles in either of those positions. Unless he’s doing magic tricks for the crowd behind the play I’m not sure what the relevance is of any off the ball vision of Blakey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Although when you watch on the TV it's a lot harder to see who's doing what.
    Good point, couldn't express it better myself
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 25th July 2020 at 07:54 AM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Aussie Rules is not cricket. It is entirely different. Even though in cricket they leave players in for far too long. I mean there are several good examples. Then they drop a player like Dean Jones when he was on fire. Sad really. Cricket is not a good example as it is full of inconsistencies. Try something else mate. I mean Kim Hughes was captain of Australia. Nappies and all.
    Seriously silly comment regarding Kim Hughes.....a great cricketer rightly rewarded for his loyalty to Australian cricket and not to the mighty dollar. No doubt the players deserved a bigger slice of the pie but frankly Lille, Marsh and Chappelli were just greedy school yard bullies for what they did to Hughes. The last three words of the above quote are just macho BS. Sorry.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Not rubbish at all. He is being treated differently to other players. Will Hayward got dropped a few seasons ago for similar form. He went back to the twos and played very well in two games earning a recall. Do you think that getting flogged in every game by his opponents is going to do much for his confidence? I don't.

Aussie Rules is not cricket. It is entirely different. Even though in cricket they leave players in for far too long. I mean there are several good examples. Then they drop a player like Dean Jones when he was on fire. Sad really. Cricket is not a good example as it is full of inconsistencies. Try something else mate. I mean Kim Hughes was captain of Australia. Nappies and all.

Don't tell me that due to the NEAFL not playing they are not getting a good hit out. They played Hawks last week. Melbourne the week before. Much better than playing Southport, Canberra Demons etc.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Your comment about Hughes is piss poor. Was never approached to play World Series and was left holding the baby as captain at a very long age. Bullied and undermined by Marsh and Lillee on the field and by Ian Chappell in the Ch 9 commentary box. Played one of the great innings on a dodgy MCG wicket when he got a hundred against the West Indies at their peak. Match winning innings. Cheap shot.

Suspended by the MRP
    I see a real chance for Oli Florent to have a break out game. Parker needs some support ASAP and he's lost the two team-mates that would best provide that in back-to-back weeks. Time for Florent to step up and show he can break a game open which is what we need from a midfielder taken with pick 11. It's sink or swim time for him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    So what did Stoddart do to himself?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    I read that it's his back. No details on how bad it is.

On the veteran's list
    Didn’t take long for the naysayers on RWO to find themselves a new whipping boy after the retirement of McVeigh and the finding form of Hayward. My advice - Stay off social media Nick Blakey.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Didn’t take long for the naysayers on RWO to find themselves a new whipping boy after the retirement of McVeigh and the finding form of Hayward. My advice - Stay off social media Nick Blakey.
    Pffft. He’s a kid seriously out of form who’s contributed zero in his past 6 matches. Many posters on here are saying that he should have been dropped by now. Whipping boy is a bit hysterical.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Pffft. He’s a kid seriously out of form who’s contributed zero in his past 6 matches. Many posters on here are saying that he should have been dropped by now. Whipping boy is a bit hysterical.

Agree MB- only players who have a bag of brownie points in the bank should be carried for a while if they lose form.maybe we didn’t have the height in recent weeks and so kept him in, but he’s been really woeful and his kicking a far cry from last season. What’s happened? Second year syndrome? Today’s game is surely last chance to earn his place in the team- I would rather blood kids than carry passengers. This goes for Lewie and Gray as well= they need to contribute a lot more than in the past! Go Swannies!

Haven’t quite followed the plot, can you get into the game today ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Who is that bloke in my backyard! Where did this photo come from? I'm calling the cops.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast