Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 8 v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Who is that bloke in my backyard! Where did this photo come from? I'm calling the cops.
    No, officer, trust me, it's entirely for personal use.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    No, officer, trust me, it's entirely for personal use.
    It's hard to imagine the amount of pain relief us Swans' fans need at the moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Haven’t quite followed the plot, can you get into the game today ?
    Only if you have a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Speaking of Ling, it didn't sound from the scratch match reports that he had enough game time to get a call up. But I don't think we would risk further injury to him, given what he's gone through already. There has been little documentation on his injury the past year, except I believe he had some Achilles tendon issues. Sometimes this is a plantaris tendon problem, as it was with Sam Reid in both legs. I'm not sure if they removed the tendons in Reid's case. I don't even know if Ling had any surgery at all for his condition. Let's just hope he can move on from a tough start to his AFL career. He's got some real talent and should be an important part of the Swans' rebuild.
    (See Ling thread). I'm wondering now if I just made a good guess on the plantaris tendon or I actually read it somewhere. There was never a mention of his abdominal and knee problems.

I'm worried now that he's going to be an injury prone player who gets a variety of minor and major injuries during his career. Let's hope it was just a bad run of luck and it's over now.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Agree on the first point, last chance. Second point I don’t feel applies to Blakey. He’s playing forward / wing, he’s not playing shut down or tagging roles in either of those positions. Unless he’s doing magic tricks for the crowd behind the play I’m not sure what the relevance is of any off the ball vision of Blakey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel like the forward line or wing are both positions where someone could put in a fair bit of work that's only appreciated at the ground.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I feel like the forward line or wing are both positions where someone could put in a fair bit of work that's only appreciated at the ground.
    You’re right, they are. That being said I still dont think we’re missing anything on the TV when it comes to Blakey. He’s just lost at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Well I was much happier with Blakey yesterday. His set shot for goal while it was a pretty easy shot he was much more composed and settle than he had been in previous weeks. Plus he generally looked more relaxed and therefore effective around the field. It’s a tough year as dropping the players to a scratch match doesn’t really achieve anything

The big thing for Blakey was his work rate, pressure acts and simplifying his ball use.
    It wasn't his best output. However, the conditions didn't suit him at all and he was a solid contributer. Justification in the coaches approach to show faith and build confidence.

Suspended by the MRP
    Very encouraging signs. What had me smiling the most was the even contribution across the 22. Our bottom six of Gray, Bell, Stephens, E Taylor, L Taylor and Ling were all still good enough to earn games next week. How often have we been able to say that this year ?!?!!

On Rowbottom, for the umpteenth time - he is a great player when he has the ball, that has never been in doubt. But again, although it seemed like he was everywhere, he only had 18 touches, and only 2 of those were clearances, and was overtaken in this regard by Parker, Clarke and Florent. I would be thrilled to be proven wrong but I still don't see our future midfield leader when I look at him.

E Taylor's hands were so clean, Rampe magnificent, Papley our team-lifter, Parker our heart and soul, Reid our difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Very encouraging signs. What had me smiling the most was the even contribution across the 22. Our bottom six of Gray, Bell, Stephens, E Taylor, L Taylor and Ling were all still good enough to earn games next week. How often have we been able to say that this year ?!?!!

On Rowbottom, for the umpteenth time - he is a great player when he has the ball, that has never been in doubt. But again, although it seemed like he was everywhere, he only had 18 touches, and only 2 of those were clearances, and was overtaken in this regard by Parker, Clarke and Florent. I would be thrilled to be proven wrong but I still don't see our future midfield leader when I look at him.

E Taylor's hands were so clean, Rampe magnificent, Papley our team-lifter, Parker our heart and soul, Reid our difference.
    He had 3 clearances to half time so they must have rewatched the game and taken one back!

Senior Player
    Anyone heard anything about rampe’s hand ?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Anyone heard anything about rampe’s hand ?
    Fox Footy said he was going to get a scan either today or Monday.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast