Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFL Round Eight - General Discussion

T. Greene . Looks to have morphed into a disciplined player tonight and his mojo intact .

Suspended by the MRP
    Two of the best users of the footy in the competition - Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly. I don't think I've seen one target hit in this game between the two of them.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    T. Greene . Looks to have morphed into a disciplined player tonight and his mojo intact .
    It's been an entertaining game with Greene absolutely starring.

Bruce just called it (Greenes) the performance of the season .

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I enjoyed watching, and Toby was on fire. Good for the game in Sydney and NSW in general.

The AFL must realise this.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I enjoyed watching, and Toby was on fire. Good for the game in Sydney and NSW in general.

The AFL must realise this.
    Just got home from the game. There were a lot of people there I thought compared the other GWS games I've seen and our game last week.
    Toby was unstoppable and won the game for them. I thought Martin played pretty well actually. They both read the play so well.
    Last edited by KTigers; 25th July 2020 at 12:33 AM.

Veterans List
    Big crowd at the Adelaide oval. I actually feel uneasy seeing so many people close together...just not used it. The loud crowd noise seems strange too. They haven't forgotten how to boo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Big crowd at the Adelaide oval....... The loud crowd noise seems strange too. They haven't forgotten how to boo!!
    Haha, I was just thinking the same! The ‘Never tear us apart’ before first bounce was even more than usually emotional.

Lucky Adelaide, I was supposed to be there this weekend for a dinner for my brother’s ‘significant’ birthday. Couldn’t go of course because of border control against NSW. I so much hope Vic & NSW regain control of Covid ...

Senior Player
    Amazing last quarter by St Kilda to beat Port. They kicked 12.1 for the game. Incredible goal by Membery. Worth watching.

Great win by the Saints. Jones was good. Our loss. Still, while we got unders for him, I think we used the pick on ET and hopefully we'll make it count.

- - - Updated - - -

Or did that pick slide and get used on Warner? Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Great win by the Saints. Jones was good. Our loss. Still, while we got unders for him, I think we used the pick on ET and hopefully we'll make it count.

- - - Updated - - -

Or did that pick slide and get used on Warner? Anyway.
    Not sure what the pick was but we got bent over on Jones. Big time. And not just in hindsight. His second half of last year was very, very good. He was one of the top rated wingman in the key stats. I know he was out of contract but we could’ve made a stand. He didn’t have to go to st Kilda

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    I think it's really difficult when the players want to leave. Our bargaining position is just weaker. A lot of times we just have to take what is
    on offer as far as picks go. We aren't alone on this. What pick did we give up for Buddy? Not a high one if I remember correctly. It's not like
    us or Hawthorn are terrible at negotiating deals. Football players are just people in the end. There are often multiple reasons why people
    in regular jobs change them and ultimately their original employer won't have much say in things. All the club can do really is create an
    environment where the large bulk of the players are going to want to stay. Historically the club has been good at that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast