Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFL Round Eight - General Discussion

Senior Player

AFL Round Eight - General Discussion

No difficulty deciding who to cheer for tonight. Go Suns!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    No difficulty deciding who to cheer for tonight. Go Suns!
    Absolutely!

Again not deemed worthy of FTA TV time in Sydney.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Absolutely!

Again not deemed worthy of FTA TV time in Sydney.
    It's not on FTA in Melbourne either.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Ugh. How hard is it? (I lose track because I watch all non-Swans games through the app.)

Senior Player
    It's a good game. Pressure and desperation high. Not looking great for the good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yeah very bizarre that, can’t recall any Thursday night game ever not being broadcast on FTA in Melbourne. And it involved a Melbourne club too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    It's a good game. Pressure and desperation high. Not looking great for the good guys.
    Yes, it was a fun game to watch. Just a shame that the Suns didn't quite manage to get up. Watching the Bulldogs drives me a bit insane, due to all the blatant illegal disposals, that they constantly get away with.

Regular in the Side
    still doing it though, afl obviously love them.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, it was a fun game to watch. Just a shame that the Suns didn't quite manage to get up. Watching the Bulldogs drives me a bit insane, due to all the blatant illegal disposals, that they constantly get away with.
    Dogs throwing drives me insane as well, umpires looking at them and just ignoring one handed throws, scoops from the ground, rugby passes. Really hoping that GC can make the finals. Will give the AFL something to think about re their ongoing concessions which look to reap another nice haul this year (academy & Darwin zone) if they aren't rescinded.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Dogs throwing drives me insane as well, umpires looking at them and just ignoring one handed throws, scoops from the ground, rugby passes. Really hoping that GC can make the finals. Will give the AFL something to think about re their ongoing concessions which look to reap another nice haul this year (academy & Darwin zone) if they aren't rescinded.
    Yes, and last night, there were a few particularly galling ones, as they were both blatantly obvious and an early part of long scoring moves. By blatantly obvious, I mean where a Bulldogs player got caught with the ball and had one arm pinned to their side. They had possession of the ball with their other arm, but that arm didn't seem to get any closer than about 30cm to the pinned arm. Yet somehow, the ensuing throw to a supporting team mate, was deemed to be legal. If pinged, the Suns would have been either having a shot, or a deep forward entry, but because they were let go, the Bulldogs went down the other end and scored.

Goes up to 11
    We should be throwing the ball more often then too. If the Dogs have gotten away with it for years, we really should catch up and doing whatever we can get away with too.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, and last night, there were a few particularly galling ones, as they were both blatantly obvious and an early part of long scoring moves. By blatantly obvious, I mean where a Bulldogs player got caught with the ball and had one arm pinned to their side. They had possession of the ball with their other arm, but that arm didn't seem to get any closer than about 30cm to the pinned arm. Yet somehow, the ensuing throw to a supporting team mate, was deemed to be legal. If pinged, the Suns would have been either having a shot, or a deep forward entry, but because they were let go, the Bulldogs went down the other end and scored.
    The rule must have changed. Previously if the ball was taken out of the hands of a team mate it was deemed a throw or illegal disposal. The handball is a unique part of our game. That one close to the broadcast side was blatant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast