Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 9 v St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Where are you reading that, waswan? What I'm seeing the-full-afl-injury-list-round-nine says 6-8 weeks for Hewett. It's Rampe who, apparently, is a chance against all previous expectation.
    Was on AFL this morning been updated since

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That was my thinking. Given our trouble winning clearances and lacking leg speed why didn’t the Swans play him on ball?
    We did play him on the ball but he kept getting injured

All 14 Experts at The Age picked St. Kilda to win, for what it's worth.

Suspended by the MRP
    An important requirement from this week's game v the Saints is that Mills continues to be allowed to play in the midfield. If Rampe is unable to play, which seems quite a high probability, then I don't want Mills being moved back to provide leadership. Let Aliir lead and bring in the Manchild.

BTW there was a discussion on the AFL website (The Data Game) of how Zak Jones is flourishing as a centre-bounce attending midfielder rather than wingman. He's averaging 6.5 clearances a game!
    Was Mills really that influential in the midfield? He was serviceable no doubt, but it's ironic you speak of how well Zak Jones is doing in clearances. Our mids didn't look close to getting a clearance, Mills included. Rowbottom most likely, but all he did was get caught with it.

Would Mills be missed that much at centre bounces? I highly doubt that .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Certainly worth noting. Last week 3/14 tipped us. Let's show them!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    We did play him on the ball but he kept getting injured
    That’s not how I remember it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Was Mills really that influential in the midfield? He was serviceable no doubt, but it's ironic you speak of how well Zak Jones is doing in clearances. Our mids didn't look close to getting a clearance, Mills included. Rowbottom most likely, but all he did was get caught with it.

Would Mills be missed that much at centre bounces? I highly doubt that .
    He’s had one game. He needs to be given a run at it, preferably the rest of the year.

That’s not how I remember it.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s had one game. He needs to be given a run at it, preferably the rest of the year.
    + 1. He’s essentially having to re learn a role that he’s pretty much never played at the top level. It’s not going to happen after one or two games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    A little love here, although they couldn't resist a hackneyed sledge at the start of the bit (also the Fox reporters are tipping St Kilda 11 zip):

"Champion Data numbers revealed On The Couch indicated the Swans’ ball movement has become quicker, more central and more direct. Over the past four rounds, the Swans have been ranked first for corridor usage from defensive 50 and kick long percentage, as well as second for mark-play on percentage and third for kick forward percentage."

AFL Round 9 2020 tipping, Blowtorch: Preview, fixture, tips, predictions, SuperCoach, Fox Footy commentators, betting odds | FOX SPORTS

Agreed. The media “good on you horse for letting the kids play” comments are just as repetitive and stupid as the criticisms from 4 weeks ago. Problem with those Mexicans is they don’t enjoy tactics and hard hits.

On changes for this week, surely Rampe out. Maybe Stephens rested. Hopefully Hayward in. Try Melican as well.

Try Bell on the ball this week? Seeing Clarke fire up on the ball last week reminded me that people like Bell and Gray will do better following the ball than on a flank. Still may not make the grade but sticking them at high half forward doesn’t really allow them to do their best.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    14/15 models over at Squiggle too, for what that's worth. Not by big margins though.

St Kilda v Sydney @ Gabba

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Certainly worth noting. Last week 3/14 tipped us. Let's show them!
    Maybe this is the time they break the 'bogey team' badge with us - but we've had the wood over St Kilda, even when we've been going really poorly at times in recent seasons. A repeat effort of what we did in Q3/start Q4 last week and we can upset them.

They are an ever improving team, but for whatever reason we've always worried them in recent years. I fancy us to keep it close at worse, but depending on in/out (i.e. if rampe is there in particular) I don't rule us out of getting another upset.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast