Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread. Round 9 v St Kilda.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The problem was he was out of contract, so we had no leverage. Look at Jack Martin who walked for nothing!
    He wanted to go home to Vic, preferably the saints. We could’ve said sure, we get a mid- late first round pick and you’re there. If it’s not the saints , who else in Melbourne do you like. If not them, do you want to stay in Sydney ? And if not then, it’s the pre season draft and you are Gold coast bound.

Need to start playing harder or we’ll be the next gold coast or giants when players walk for crackers when they feel like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    Nick Blakey can do with a spinal adjustment. His head and top of his back arches too far forward. I reckon he can be a couple of inches taller if a Chiro straightens his back, it'll help his game.
    There is no place in elite sport (or life in general) for quackery.

Despite the finish some good signs from us today. Bell had his best game for us. Mccartin too. Rowbottom in the third was huge. And we take a percentage hit and pick 2 looks more and more likely.

Hayward was busy too, like him around the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    If I remember rightly ai highlighted youth on one post. But even a developing team needs to be able to focus and make good decisions. Otherwise it never develops. It stays a bottom team.
    The ability to focus and make good decisions develops at this higher level.....it isn't just instantly there from the start. Potential is what is there. This team is so young and has lost so much experience so quickly, to expect them to gel into a well oiled, highly skilled team overnight....well, that's just howling at the moon wolfie.😒

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Not sure what game you were watching. Jones won a lot of his own ball through clearances and intercepts.

Also when he played for us he wasn’t given the chance as Horse stuck with Parker, Hewett and JPK as inside midfielders.
    I did say in my comment that he was very good. But to elaborate on the rest of my comment, our midfield over the last few years has been sluggish. As a general observation, our midfield has often looked hurried and lacking in time as a unit. When Jones was playing for us, he was the turnover king and often got pinged for holding the ball. Tonight, the Saints midfield, as a unit, gave each other time and space, hence Jones's good performance, granted he was a significant contributer.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Yep. Just watch the usual suspects see everything out of unrealistic rose coloured glasses.

Some cannot accept any criticism of our list management.
    No, some of us just don't see the point of harping on about it ad nauseum. It's relentlessly negative and ultimately tiring.....😩
    Some of us just prefer to be positive.....it's not that we can't see our teams negatives, it just makes us happier in the face of adversity.😌
    Chill.....the club will rise again.....✊

I am taking tonight's game in context. We were playing a very good side, full of confidence. Possibly a top 4 contender. In patches, we were very competitive, in fact would've been dominant had we kicked straight (Q3). Saints have had a few significant additions (including Jones) who have lifted them from the bottom to the top in a very short amount of time. I feel we are not too dissimilar to where they were when we towelled them up in the final round 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    There is no place in elite sport (or life in general) for quackery.
    Disbelievers will be left behind to suffer from their own ignorance.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    No, some of us just don't see the point of harping on about it ad nauseum. It's relentlessly negative and ultimately tiring.....😩
    Some of us just prefer to be positive.....it's not that we can't see our teams negatives, it just makes us happier in the face of adversity.😌
    Chill.....the club will rise again.....✊
    That’s fine Stevo, but that didn’t even happen in this thread until bloodswan decided to have a crack at a few others

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tlock View Post
    Disbelievers will be left behind to suffer from their own ignorance.

Looks painful. Could he not just borrow Noddy Holder's platforms for some added height? Might even bring some much needed improvement to his goalkicking. Certainly couldn't make it any worse.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Senior Player
    Blakey cannot be carried any more. He is keeping other players out of the side, and, to be frank, none of the potential replacements could do any worse. Maibaum or Gould need a try, they could both play forward or back.

Probably time to give ET a break as well and bring back Stephens.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What a frustrating quarter. Did so much right but couldn't get it on the scoreboard. Paddlebutt again showing why many of us think he is an heir apparent in the midfield. And lovely kick from Tommy. So disappointing to not be genuinely in the contest, as we've been good value for making it a good contest today, but have wasted too many chances in front of goals, and they've taken theirs.

There is a lot to like about Elijah Taylor. Goes hard and that multiple effort on the wing was great to see. Look forward to watching him develop as an AFL footballer - he is raw, but there is something there with him.

Each week we are seeing facets of our game improving this year I feel - its disappointing we won't win as many as we could have this year because of a lack of composure in front of goals. But there are very good signs for the future I think.
    I would not say Elijah Taylor goes hard. Exactly the opposite. He shirked four or five hard ball gets, and missed as many tackles. He is a talent no doubt but needs to be out of the team to develop some ticker.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast