Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 10 v Pies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Changes for Round 10 v Pies

This week, it's already soon enough to begin discussing changes for next Thursday night.

In: Stephens, McInerney/Gould, Wicks/Foot

Out: Blakey, Gray, Ling
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Be interesting what changes are made but there no doubt will be changes! May see a few more debutantes!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Up to pick 2 now, stick with the young guys

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    This week, it's already soon enough to begin discussing changes for next Thursday night.

I think Rampe should probably get a break too

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think Rampe should probably get a break too
    He already has.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He already has.
    hehehe
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blakey needs a spell. Gray offers little. I would normally keep lewy Taylor in bit considering where we are at, his spot may as well got to trying someone else out.

Ins: Gould , Wicks/ Foote , Amartey.

Not really like for like but we can throw some magnets around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t believe no one is mentioning Ryan Clarke. Brings nothing to the table. Elijah Taylor is too soft for AFL standard. You can’t carry these guys when physical pressure is so important in modern footy. A decent ruck would be handy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Asho View Post
    Can’t believe no one is mentioning Ryan Clarke. Brings nothing to the table. Elijah Taylor is too soft for AFL standard. You can’t carry these guys when physical pressure is so important in modern footy. A decent ruck would be handy too.
    Clarke was terrible I agree. I thought ET showed some good desperation at time’s though, and I would persist with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Why are we dumping Ling after two ok games?

Strongly agree with the other two changes. I wouldn't mind finding a way to spell Clarke too but I suspect we're getting a bit young.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Why are we dumping Ling after two ok games?

Strongly agree with the other two changes. I wouldn't mind finding a way to spell Clarke too but I suspect we're getting a bit young.
    There are some on here that truly think you can judge the actual quality of a player on about 2 or 3 games it seems. There are not many constants or predictable factors in footy - but one thing is certainly. Exceptionally few players just hit the AFL at 'full tilt' and show what they have from day 1. In the absence of us being anywhere near challengers this year, I don't understand why we would drop players that have only just been given an opportunity in the Seniors unless they clearly need a break, are injured, or are truly stinking it up and need a chance to 'reset' (Which is definitely an argument you could apply to Blakey perhaps). Otherwise, give them a chance to show what they can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Agreed Ralph- I’d also consider bringing Mcinerny in- bring in as many of our young blokes as possible. Ok, we’ll get smashed but at least we’ll find out what they’ve got if we give them a run of games. Remember GWS when they started? We smashed them every time- it was boys vs men, but it only lasted a couple of years. Realistically Adelaide is the only team we can beat and we’ve played them already. I don’t see us winning any more games this season and I’m ok with that, but I’d like to see some improvement. If we don’t find that in our youngsters, we are surely wasting time playing the recruits who are simply not good enough and won’t take us anywhere. They have more experience but so what? It hasn’t helped us much and certainly won’t in the future, judging by how they are playing. Sure, we have a lot of injuries but if an experienced player can’t get into high teen possessions and/or stop his direct opponent from the same, then IMHO he doesn’t deserve a game. Horse, just play the kids- this season is gone and we’ll get No 2 pick.
    So if 'Adelaide' is realistically the only team we can beat, how did we win 2 other games as well so far, and lose 2 other games by single digit margins? I reckon we could comfortably double our number of wins before the end of the season. Yes we got smashed late yesterday, and hav

I don't disagree with giving lots of exposure to the youngsters, but I don't think the absolute negativity is warranted either.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    There are some on here that truly think you can judge the actual quality of a player on about 2 or 3 games it seems. There are not many constants or predictable factors in footy - but one thing is certainly. Exceptionally few players just hit the AFL at 'full tilt' and show what they have from day 1. In the absence of us being anywhere near challengers this year, I don't understand why we would drop players that have only just been given an opportunity in the Seniors unless they clearly need a break, are injured, or are truly stinking it up and need a chance to 'reset' (Which is definitely an argument you could apply to Blakey perhaps). Otherwise, give them a chance to show what they can do.

- - - Updated - - -

So if 'Adelaide' is realistically the only team we can beat, how did we win 2 other games as well so far, and lose 2 other games by single digit margins? I reckon we could comfortably double our number of wins before the end of the season. Yes we got smashed late yesterday, and hav

I don't disagree with giving lots of exposure to the youngsters, but I don't think the absolute negativity is warranted either.
    MCS- far from being negative, which serves no purpose whatsoever, I’m simply proposing that winning games or losing by big margins won’t make any significant difference this year. Of course I’d prefer to win, like all Swans, but let’s face it we were ok in our 2 wins against mid table teams not at their best, and in the close games we lost, I don’t recall satisfactory contributions from our recruits-hence my point about why play them? Clarke may be a little different in that he can play the role of a tagger, but as we all know his disposal is not up to scratch, to be kind.
    If some on here think that Mci and Elijah have not gone in hard, let’s give them 5-6 games to redeem themselves, as it’s unfair to judge them based on 1-2 games. I hate to be critical of any of our players or the MC, but blind Freddie can see the limitations in Gray and Squizzy. I find it hard to be tolerant of reasonably experienced players making little contributions
    but have no issues with players who have only played a handful of games making mistakes-hopefully they will learn from them!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast