Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 12: Swans v Giants in Perth

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Anyone who thinks Longmire has lost this group needs to watch the start of this game. Who knows what will happen from here on in but every player is just putting in.
    Spot on there is always the bigger picture. We are a super young side , inconsistent football is going to happen but when it clicks you can see the end game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melican having a blinder. Best game he's played in a long while. Agree that COR has also returned in good form.

For those who wanted to recruit Jye Caldwell, I think he got the message; he's playing like he's already on our list.

And just how many midfielders do we need to recruit? I lost count.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Best half of footy we've played all season. And the best part about it was that it was lead by Rowbottom, Dawson, COR and Blakey and not the usual suspects (although Parker, Rampe, Lloyd and Papley all pretty good too).
    Yep. All the nice little signs we’ve seen this year seem to have culminated in that one brilliant half of footy. May it continue .

Annoying that the commentary is heavy on how bad GWS have been though, rather than how good we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Great start. Parker come to play. Thurlow has started very well also. Nice from Dawson and Foot there .

If players get a say on who's in the team next week, I'm sure Dawson will be putting in a good word for Foot.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    So glad that the Giants didn't jag a late goal. Impressive effort to keep them to only one in the first half, and that was a soft as baby powder free against Rampe.

Parker doing an excellent job leading the mids. Rampe doing the same for the defence.
    I feel like we always get 1-2 of those a game in front of goal. While we get some soft frees there rarely if ever in front of goal. Would absolutely love a soft as @@@@ free in front of goal today

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Sir James Rowbottom?
    too soon?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Melican having a blinder. Best game he's played in a long while. Agree that COR has also returned in good form.

For those who wanted to recruit Jye Caldwell, I think he got the message; he's playing like he's already on our list.

At least three more, with injuries age and the chance ‘ the festival of footy’ will continue in future seasons , you need depth !

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Caldwell's been pretty anonymous tonight and gifted us a goal but he would still look good in red and white (for the right price of course!)!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Regardless of the end result, this is why I’m fine with our trajectory and what we’re doing as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Caldwell's been pretty anonymous tonight and gifted us a goal but he would still look good in red and white (for the right price of course!)!
    Agree totally Caldwell has some serious talent

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Disposals 101-54, Clearances 16-6, but we are losing inside 50s 9-11, wtf?
    Inside 50s can be a deceptive stat. For instance, a shallow entry that gets punched out, then scrambled back in, before being rebounded, counts as two entries. While a clean hit of a target and goal, counts as one.

Senior Player
    I reckon Sinclair has been pretty good tonight - best "ruck" game he has played for a while.

McCartin can take a good strong grab too - if he was 5cm taller he would be hard to beat.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast