Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 13 vs Fremantle

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    The only changes that I can see may be to rest a player or two. Before the GWS game we had a notional bye, but that was only a 7-day break. The Fremantle game comes after a 9-day break, and then another 7-day break (Port) then a series of five-day breaks against Carlton, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Horse may choose to rest anyone with niggling injuries, as there won't be much time for rest later.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rampe is managed this week, so his hand can heal. If Rampe is rested, Gould should make his debut.

Others may get a rest too. There may even be a gentlemen's agreement with Fremantle, where they also rest a few players. Both sides are in a similar position after this game: Fremantle will have a 7-day break after this game, play GWS, then breaks of 4 days (Richmond), 5 days (Melbourne) and 5 days (North). It is conceivable that both sides manage two or three players each.

Of course, this theory about managing players may be rubbish, because those rotations may happen later. If it is, I expect no change to the team.
    I reckon we’ll see this as our best chance of a win for the rest of the season, so resting will be off the agenda. I like the idea of a Rampe v Fyfe duel

Senior Player
    From the Swans press conference just now: the plate in Rampe's hand has dislodged and he is out for the season.

https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/stat...22604095176705

Rampe suffers injury blow

[QUOTE=neilfws;800259]From the Swans press conference just now: the plate in Rampe's hand has dislodged and he is out for the season.

https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/stat...22604095176705[/QUOTE
    That was always a risk. Let's hope there's been no permanent damage.

With the latest news ...

Rampe out
    Gould in

I hope Gould finally gets a run, although Aliir back is an option with Melican and Fox to take on the key defensive tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    From the Swans press conference just now: the plate in Rampe's hand has dislodged and he is out for the season.

Uggghhh!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

It might have been when he took the one handed mark against Cameron. He certainly shook his hand a fair bit afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Uggghhh!!
    That's terrible news.

Fortunately in 2020 we are not contending for a premiership, so the glass can be half full. It gives another young player (Manchild-Gould) an opportunity. It will also help us think about how we prepare for life AD (after-Dane). The JPK and Hewett injuries have had an upside.
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 18th August 2020 at 12:11 PM.

Shocking news - we can't take a trick.

Aliir is the obvious replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    That's terrible news.

Fortunately in 2020 we are not contending for a premiership, so the glass can be half full. It gives another young player (Manchild-Gould) an opportunity. It will also help us think about how we prepare for life AD (after-Dane). The JPK and Hewett injuries have had an upside.
    I'd love to see Gould in, but also have been waiting to see whether Maibaum might get a chance to show his credentials. Otherwise, surely delisting looms? I enjoyed his intensity in the reserves: hated being beaten in a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Shocking news - we can't take a trick.

Aliir is the obvious replacement.
    Aliir is struggling to find a role and is more of an interceptor than a one on one defender, which is Rampe's forte (he almost never loses a contest), plus AA was injured. I'm genuinely intrigued to see how the club covers for the absence of Rampe, particularly as Freo have been playing Fyfe forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Aliir is struggling to find a role and is more of an interceptor than a one on one defender, which is Rampe's forte (he almost never loses a contest), plus AA was injured. I'm genuinely intrigued to see how the club covers for the absence of Rampe, particularly as Freo have been playing Fyfe forward.
    Astute observation, Maubaum is probably the best one on one of those three. AA tends to float around a bit, Gould is not quite quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Astute observation, Maubaum is probably the best one on one of those three. AA tends to float around a bit, Gould is not quite quick enough.
    Barracuda, could Fox play on Fyfe? I imagine he's going to be a difficult match up, like Dangerfield, who did a number on Rampe in that final a few years ago

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast