Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 13 vs Fremantle

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

It might have been when he took the one handed mark against Cameron. He certainly shook his hand a fair bit afterwards.
    When I heard the news I thought the same thing. He looked in pain when he took the mark and as you said he shook his hand afterwards.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    When I heard the news I thought the same thing. He looked in pain when he took the mark and as you said he shook his hand afterwards.
    He's been wincing a fair bit over the last couple of weeks - trying to hide it, but wincing none the less.

Senior Player
    I thought John flagged in the presser that Gould would likely come at some point this year, but Aliir was more likely this week.

He also mentioned he thought Dane was in AA form, which we all probably agree with, and it's a real bummer for him to miss out on the chance to be recognised in that way.

Some video footage of today’s training has been posted to ‘stories’ on Swans Instagram account. Good thing to see is that Kennedy has moved from just running to light training.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I would love last week's team to stay as is for this week, to see how they might back up. Unfortunately, of course, Ramps is out. You would think Aliir if fit will replace him. Aliir's form has been pretty ordinary his last couple of games but he has experience and has teamed up with Melican in the past in the Neafl.

Surely Gould has got to get a game soon but I can't see how. COR and Thurlow have just come back in, Fox has been playing pretty well and Mills, Lloyd and Harry are back-line regulars. Another game or two would be great for the development of Wicks, Foote, Bell and Stephens.

Rampe is an absolute star - key defender at 187 cm - and how he will be missed this week/season.

In his absence, we have Melican and hopefully he can continue last Thursday form, and at 195 cm he is a 'proper' size for the task.

Fox at 186 is not a Rampe, and is doing a good job for his size and experience on a 3rd tall + intercepting. O'Riordan is Rampe size at 187, but his role in defence is quite different to a key defender; as is that of Lloyd (181 cm) and Cunningham.

Mills at 189 is one option for the Rampe role (which is different to his current/recent roles in defence), but IMHO I would prefer to see a genuine support for Melican to counter Lobb Taberner and Fyfe (at 190 cm).

Aliir has the size at 195, but maybe not the game sense as a key defender; Maibaum is 194 cm, and I recall being impressed by his competitiveness in the past. Gould is listed at 191 so he is bigger than Rampe, but maybe not the replacement answer this week - for Rampe's role.

My vote would be Maibaum, who has the best fit for size, role experience and competitiveness.

It would also be a good chance to test him this season when future decisions on delisting are difficult as discussed in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Rampe is an absolute star - key defender at 187 cm - and how he will be missed this week/season.

In his absence, we have Melican and hopefully he can continue last Thursday form, and at 195 cm he is a 'proper' size for the task.

Fox at 186 is not a Rampe, and is doing a good job for his size and experience on a 3rd tall + intercepting. O'Riordan is Rampe size at 187, but his role in defence is quite different to a key defender; as is that of Lloyd (181 cm) and Cunningham.

Mills at 189 is one option for the Rampe role (which is different to his current/recent roles in defence), but IMHO I would prefer to see a genuine support for Melican to counter Lobb Taberner and Fyfe (at 190 cm).

Aliir has the size at 195, but maybe not the game sense as a key defender; Maibaum is 194 cm, and I recall being impressed by his competitiveness in the past. Gould is listed at 191 so he is bigger than Rampe, but maybe not the replacement answer this week - for Rampe's role.

My vote would be Maibaum, who has the best fit for size, role experience and competitiveness.

It would also be a good chance to test him this season when future decisions on delisting are difficult as discussed in another thread
    Useful analysis

I think your analysis makes sense

Senior Player

Good analysis MM. Just wonder if Maibaum hasn't had his card marked already.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I think your analysis makes sense
    In which case the MC is likely to do something completely different!

Aliir is the obvious choice but in this crazy now dead season maybe they'll debut Maibaum or Gould

Regular in the Side
    If Aliir has recovered 100% from his injury, it will be difficult not to play him. I feel that he may not be 100% yet. A good chance for Maibaum to debut if he has no injury!

BTW this is what we are missing with Rampe out.

All-Australian form: The players from your club who are a chance in 2020

“he has won more than 40 per cent of his 47 defensive one-on-one contests – ahead of everyone in the top 10 – and most are against the AFL's top forwards. Rates elite among key defenders for rebound 50s, uncontested possessions and score involvements.”

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast