Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 13 vs Fremantle

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar

Changes for Round 13 vs Fremantle

Since no one has started this thread, why not little old me!

Out: crappy umpiring who give away soft free kicks

In: lets keep the same team and the young enthusiasm for once!

Not really sure what to make off last Thursday performance.

Were we really that good or was GWS that bad???

Will find out soon!
    doof-doof

Not much to disagree with there. Doesn't seem to be anybody who needs to be omitted or brought in. Nobody will be returning from injury according to Horse in his last presser.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I'm still keen to see Gould get a run, but can't imagine who'd go out of the side the destroyed GW$. The other one is AA. Will his omission turn into a "soft drop"?

I think they will be a bit hesitant to tinker too much. It is the first time they have seen a full four quarter team effort with every player doing their role for the team.

Regular in the Side
    No changes required! We had a balanced team last week. There will be plenty of chances when we have turn SHORTER around between later rounds. Would like to see Amartey, Maibaum and Gould having their chances eventually this season.

Definitely no changes.

Yes, it would be good to see No Changes. A rare event in recent seasons! I somehow think that Elijah Taylor won't be an inclusion.

Veterans List
    NO changes, reward every player that embarrassed GW$ last week

If Aliir is fit, that would be the 1 inclusion which would improve the side. I think the Aliir-Melican-Rampe backline is the combination that gives us the best coverage, allowing Rampe more freedom and lets him match up with opponents more his size. Also would let Mills play a more pure midfield role instead of dropping back in defensive coverage. No one deserves to be dropped, but Wicks would seem most likely.

I too have been waiting to see Amartey and Knoll at AFL level, but it seems unlikely this week. Perhaps when the 5 day breaks come back to back.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No one scheduled back from injury. No reserves scratch game. 9 day break. Can’t see any reasons for changes save for any training injuries (touch wood)

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    The only changes that I can see may be to rest a player or two. Before the GWS game we had a notional bye, but that was only a 7-day break. The Fremantle game comes after a 9-day break, and then another 7-day break (Port) then a series of five-day breaks against Carlton, Melbourne and Brisbane.

Horse may choose to rest anyone with niggling injuries, as there won't be much time for rest later.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rampe is managed this week, so his hand can heal. If Rampe is rested, Gould should make his debut.

Others may get a rest too. There may even be a gentlemen's agreement with Fremantle, where they also rest a few players. Both sides are in a similar position after this game: Fremantle will have a 7-day break after this game, play GWS, then breaks of 4 days (Richmond), 5 days (Melbourne) and 5 days (North). It is conceivable that both sides manage two or three players each.

Of course, this theory about managing players may be rubbish, because those rotations may happen later. If it is, I expect no change to the team.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Aliir is fit, that would be the 1 inclusion which would improve the side. I think the Aliir-Melican-Rampe backline is the combination that gives us the best coverage, allowing Rampe more freedom and lets him match up with opponents more his size. Also would let Mills play a more pure midfield role instead of dropping back in defensive coverage. No one deserves to be dropped, but Wicks would seem most likely.

I too have been waiting to see Amartey and Knoll at AFL level, but it seems unlikely this week. Perhaps when the 5 day breaks come back to back.
    Mills plays as a defender just like last week. Worked just fine

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast