Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buddy DONE for this Season

Regular in the Side

Buddy DONE for this Season

Regular in the Side
    I have a feeling that Buddy will not play many more games for us. With the soft cap in threat, will he become our highest paid coaching staff who is paid as a player?

Veterans List
    Sums up 2020. Full of excitement and enthusiasm when we saw how he turned up for pre-season, then bad news after bad news.

2020 can go and get @@@@@@!

Goes up to 11
    Sad but not unexpected news.

Hope we're not paying too much for his last couple of years, as I can't see how we'll get much more out of him at his age.

We can only hope that any Covid-forced list rule changes might allow us to wriggle out of having to carry the last couple of years of his contract in our salary cap. He really should retire (and he should be afforded a fitting send off for a champion).

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Sad but not unexpected news.

Hope we're not paying too much for his last couple of years, as I can't see how we'll get much more out of him at his age.

We can only hope that any Covid-forced list rule changes might allow us to wriggle out of having to carry the last couple of years of his contract in our salary cap. He really should retire (and he should be afforded a fitting send off for a champion).
    At least a mill a year for the next two ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    That's spot on

Veterans List
    There's no doubt that if Buddy could get 100% fit and stay that way he would still be amazing.....but the chances of that seem to be diminishing.
    I wish him all the best in his quest for further greatness.๐Ÿ‘

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    That has become an anthem for a great many people.

I hope the club look at every avenue to get his body right for the reminder of his contract. Need to extract As much value as possible from his final two years. That and we all ( footy fans in general ) want to see him kick his 1000th goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    I mistook his sitting on the bench as getting a feel for it before he plays imminently and his sullen look for the state of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I hope the club look at every avenue to get his body right for the reminder of his contract. Need to extract As much value as possible from his final two years. That and we all ( footy fans in general ) want to see him kick his 1000th goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wonder what that now involves? Do the medical staff now say, don't bother trying to do any more rehab right now, and just put your feet up till the preseason? As in, maybe time and rest will heal things. Or does he just keep up with the rehab routine, with the idea that if the work is done now, then he should have a head start on getting fit for next season?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast