Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 14: the other games.

Round 14: the other games.

Thought I better start this thread now, as somewhat oddly, we have two Thursday night games, with the first one, Hawthorn v Essendon, starting at 4.40pm. I suppose that the main interest in that game, is the return of Joe Daniher: especially for those of us, who think we should make a play for him. The later game, West Coast v Richmond, might see the winner become clear premiership favourites.

A few other games are interesting, in regards to who might make the bottom of the eight and who will slip away. These are GWS v Fremantle, Melbourne v St Kilda and Carlton v Collingwood.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    We have two Thursday night games due to the compressed fixture. Three of the four clubs playing tonight have another game next Tuesday.

Thursday:
    Hawthorn v Essendon: The main interest here is Essendon getting back a few players from injury, most notably Daniher. Hawthorn are playing for pride.
    Richmond v West Coast: West Coast haven't lost a game for two months. Richmond needs to win this to stay in touch with the top 4.

Friday:
    Western Bulldogs v Geelong: Geelong are in awesome form. Western Bulldogs need to win to improve their chances of playing finals.

Saturday:
    Port Adelaide v Sydney Swans: Port are still on top of the ladder but their recent form has been unconvincing. Sydney will be unpredictable due to fielding a young side.
    Fremantle v GWS: Sydney's two opponents from the last fortnight are playing each other. Fremantle were very good last week but GWS only lost to the Eagles by 12 points.
    Melbourne v St Kilda: A game Melbourne must win if they are to play finals this year. St Kilda are in good form and will not be easy opponents.

Sunday:
    Carlton v Collingwood: A very enthralling matchup that will be of great interest to the neutral fans. Can Carlton keep its finals chances alive by knocking off another side with its eye on a finals berth?
    Gold Coast v North Melbourne: A side of young players versus a side with the most injured players. A real measure on the progress of both sides.

Byes: Adelaide, Brisbane Lions.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Daniher Watch: With his team down 16-2, 18 minutes into the first quarter, Joe has had 2 kicks and 1 mark.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Daniher Watch: With his team down 16-2, 18 minutes into the first quarter, Joe has had 2 kicks and 1 mark.
    Bombers are terrible at the moment. Riewoldt is an annoying commentator. Talks too much and a massive know all.

Joes having a good couple of minutes .... And then that miss ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    I am on the Joe bandwagon. I don't think he has moved that well in his career. I doubt he will leave Essendon. If he keeps playing like this he will get 100% of the salary cap.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Joes having a good couple of minutes .... And then that miss ..
    Swans need to put him into cotton wool

It’s classic Joe Daniher though. I saw him live at the MCG on Anzac Day last year before he got reinjured , he was absolutely awesome that day. At his best he’s brilliant. The question that remains is his body, and even if he plays out the remainder of this year, the question will still be there. Huge gamble if we go after him. Too huge I feel.

On the other hand if he keeps up this form, a small part of me would like to steal him just to send the feral bombers fans crazy ! Imagine the death threats Joe would get !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I am on the Joe bandwagon. I don't think he has moved that well in his career. I doubt he will leave Essendon. If he keeps playing like this he will get 100% of the salary cap.
    Yes, I would consider it a win, if the interest of us and a few other clubs, added a few hundred thousand to his Essendon contract.

Senior Player
    Hahahaha!

Daniher kicking three goals on his return is pretty funny. Here we go.

After that capitulation, I bet Clarkson is going to be a little ray of sunshine at his press conference.

Perhaps a few questions to ask him.
    "So, a good first half performance by the boys, Al?"
    "Does the way that you played early, show that you're still a genuine premiership threat in 2020?"
    "Jonathan Patton; who's dumb idea was it to recruit him? Was it yours?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast