Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 14 • Port v Sydney Swans @ Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, one of my favourite games.
    A totally legendary game with a team of superheroes...

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    the 50th team in soccer can sit back and make the best team in soccer win 1-0

is everyone serious we didnt do that today ?

I rarely saw our midfield break ahead of the contest to receive the attacking handball ?

did you ?

we have recruited Taylor, Grey,Clarke and Thurlow etc

What did these 4 players do to help us move into the top8 today ?
    We just about matched the top team for inside 50’s. Not sure how that occurs when we sit back all game ? We Took the game on plenty when we were winning the footy , we just didn’t maintain it through the game when we had periods of getting smashed in the guts.

What game were you watching ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    McCartin has looked good down back. I’ve been a firm believer he’s better used as a forward, but I may be changing my tune.

I'm starting to think, that it would be excellent if we could take a KPF with our first draft pick, because McCartin may turn into a gun defender.

Agree. I would mark those 4 to leave this year. Contributed noting to our future.

A couple of things from today’s game - our handball is absolute woeful- always to someone else under more pressure. Port could handball always to a loose player and send the hall out of trouble.

Also our kicking to forwards- do they ever practice this at training, well it looks like they never do. It is disgraceful for a senior team in the AFL.

lets stop arguing about how we lost

can you help me how we could have won MB?

really?

Port were so in control in was not funny !!!!!!

are you saying just because you launch an inside 50 you are in control ?

we launched @@@@ inside 50 in my opinion with no hope for 6 pts !!!!

happy to go back through each of our inside 50s and be proven so wrong you are right !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

That wasn't a bad performance against a very good side. Our kicking was poor today, especially from Florent and McInerney. Also wasteful with those hopeless kicks to contests in our forward 50. Aliir was excellent in the 2nd half playing in the ruck. McCartin down back was also good. But we need better options up forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Does anyone know Thurlow's contract status?
    Last I looked, he's out of contract at the end of the season. Since about 2/3 of the way through last season, I had him as a delist. Now, I'm not entirely sure, but more likely than not.

Maybe I’m just a glass half full guy but I thought that we showed heaps of promise. We played the team coming first at their home ground. We have injuries on injuries including probably our three best players (Buddy, Rampe, Heeney). Port have almost a full list available and yet we dominated general play for large parts of that game.

McCartin is a beauty! I have said for a while that I think he could be an AA defender but I can also see his value up front.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    We just about matched the top team for inside 50’s. Not sure how that occurs when we sit back all game ? We Took the game on plenty when we were winning the footy , we just didn’t maintain it through the game when we had periods of getting smashed in the guts.

What game were you watching ?

Agree. We needed our midfield to get going early, not wait till we are 5 goals down. We are very ordinary at centre clearances. Even when we win it, we manage to stuff it up. Puts heaps of pressure on the defence which has held up ok for most of the year. It is a chronic problem that no other team seems to have or am I imagining it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    That wasn't a bad performance against a very good side. Our kicking was poor today, especially from Florent and McInerney. Also wasteful with those hopeless kicks to contests in our forward 50. Aliir was excellent in the 2nd half playing in the ruck. McCartin down back was also good. But we need better options up forward.
    Yes, and to put it into further context, Port's current injury list is someone called Dylan Williams: who is yet to play a game. Ladhams and Houston are also suspended. Both probably would be in the side, but are hardly stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    im struggling with our win loss record and our summation of we are improving ????

plse help me

im stuck in the mud

i see Port pushing ahead of very contest expecting the ball and a big amount of the time receiving the ball.

It was on Ports terms...............then we peal off, over man and create congestion.............

if we create extra numbers around the contest, doesnt that mean we are thin on the lead upfront ???????????????

or do we have 19 players on the field ?

come on

lets get real

we are on a carlton 5 to 6 year year improvement !!!! picking youth and hoping but it takes 5/6/7/8 yrs !!!!!

not a 3 year !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Regular in the Side
    fox, thurlow, mcinnerny and bell not up to it on todays performance. Reid is struggling so was sinclair today. stll dont understand why gould cant get a game as said a number of times in this thread we struggle to kick to our fwds from down back.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast